Our offense since 2012 has become the meathead equivalent of defensive football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our offense since 2012 has become the meathead equivalent of defensive football

For the most part, Rebounding is what is killing us.
For me ... what I see ...

The ball screen offense we've employed a lot lately stinks. Everyone uses it. Slows the tempo. I hope we leave this behind.

Rebounding is a big issue as it severely limits or ability to get out on the break. As a side note, not all rebounders are good at outleting the ball.

Talent (or lack thereof is an issue at present in the program). But this issue is well behind the stagnant and standard offense, and rebounding.

It's not going to get any better this year playing 3 on 5 on offense. They're going to cheat up on our guards and dare us to go inside. Against teams with sizable front lines, we'll give up the glass too. I don't see much reason for optimism, although G and TC have had good careers here and it's enjoyable to see them play.

Bump
Look at this we haven’t changed. It’s not as if our problems haven’t gone unnoticed for years.

At this point I can see JB saying that three things happen when you push the ball up court, and two of them are bad.

I can’t even watch other games because they are so much more fun and exciting and it just highlights how boring we are.

At this point I can see JB saying that three things happen when you push the ball up court, and two of them are bad.

I can’t even watch other games because they are so much more fun and exciting and it just highlights how boring we are.

I thought "going fast" was necessary to our success? I also thought we were going to press this year.

I thought "going fast" was necessary to our success? I also thought we were going to press this year.
Isn't every year the year we are going to press and go fast? Every year we are going to go 10 deep with Uber-athletic players who can run and hit the three and we are going to run hockey shifts so we can play the Arkansas 40 minutes of hell D. Then by the time January rolls around are down to a 7 or 8 man rotation, the press is placed in the "break only in case of emergency" box, our guards walk up the court, we get destroyed on the boards, we realize no one can shoot and every possession goes to the final seconds.

And there are dozens of threads in which various gloom and doomers have prematurely written off players, coaches and teams that could also be bumped. But that would just make this forum even more unreadable.

And there are dozens of threads in which various gloom and doomers have prematurely written off players, coaches and teams that could also be bumped. But that would just make this forum even more unreadable.
What makes this forum unreadable is that the end is in sight for an all time great... actually scratch that, it should have already happened. We are all fans here and we want to see the program do better but the reality is until the elephant in the room is addressed this slide is going to get worse before it gets better. So what else can we do but bitch and moan about it?

Our style is so bad that it is hard to watch even when we are winning. No one wants to watch an O that just stands around and chucks up a shot. No one wants to see the other team take 25 seconds each possession trying to crack the zone.

The style we play helps in a tournament setting. But it hurts over a 30 game season. If you could guarantee a 6 seed every year using this style, I would shut up and deal with the boring regular season. But when you can barely make the NCAAs, it is a gigantic problem.

Syracuse basketball has turned me into a bigger NBA fan.

I think I uncovered a secret video of the inspiration for Boeheim's offense:

ScaryUnhealthyDog-size_restricted.gif

Sadly, I agree. Go back & watch the Syracuse teams of the 70's, 80's & 90's. Now that was exciting basketball. We are totally unwatchable now. Because of my schedule, I tend to tape our games, and watch them after the nightly news. Even when we win, I can't stay awake long enough to watch the entire game. That's even with fast forwarding through commercials. It's that boring.

We need to do what we did in football. Nobody wants to watch defensive basketball anymore. KIds will come when we decide we want to light up the scoreboard again. Can we have Dino coach the basketball team too!! No one has more respect for JB than I do, but either changes in our bb system need to be made, or changes in our coaching staff are necessary very soon.

We need to do what we did in football. Nobody wants to watch defensive basketball anymore. KIds will come when we decide we want to light up the scoreboard again. Can we have Dino coach the basketball team too!!

Looks more like JB has been secretly advising Dino this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom