Our roster and recruits & Dino's System | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our roster and recruits & Dino's System

Actually the Baylor offense prefers mobile QB's than pocket "pro-style".

I think Dungey, Scott, and Mahoney are more what they would be looking for.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...arappolo-matt-johnson-bowling-green/75927926/

"Recent NFL success stories — Russell Wilson and Drew Brees, among others — has made height less of an issue than in the past, but Johnson remains undersized at an even six feet. Sturdily built at 215 pounds, he's quick enough to extend plays with his feet and make throws outside the pocket, two requirements of the position in Babers' system."

Sounds like Dungey to me, those are two things he's a natural at and so is Scott.

There is a big difference between being mobile in the pocket and being a true dual threat runner. That is what the quote is saying. Johnson averages 1.5 yards per carry - he is not a dual threat, but he is mobile and can throw on the run.

Babers has used nothing but pro-style QBs and that is all he has ever recruited.

Mahoney is a terrible passer and will never play for Dino. His passers complete 65%+ and Mahoney struggles in the 50's. Being able to throw long with accuracy is also a must because they do it so often.

Dungey is a special talent and can throw accurately on the run and has a great deep ball. He will be running as a last resort. I just hope he s healthy.

Can some decipher twitter for me? Is Cordy coming back?

Anybody know if Matt Johnson has another year of eligibility left? He only played in 1 game last year due to injury and has asked the NCAA for a 6th year.

This is the only thing I could find:

http://www.campusrush.com/matt-johnson-bowling-green-offense-1449703089.html

Would he / could he transfer?

Loved reading this line about DB and MJ:

"It's weird," Babers says. "We're finishing each other's sentences. I mean it's weird. The guy is in my dome. He sees it the way I want it to be seen and plays it the way I want it to be played."

Anybody know if Matt Johnson has another year of eligibility left? He only played in 1 game last year due to injury and has asked the NCAA for a 6th year.

This is the only thing I could find:

http://www.campusrush.com/matt-johnson-bowling-green-offense-1449703089.html

Would he / could he transfer?

Loved reading this line about DB and MJ:

"It's weird," Babers says. "We're finishing each other's sentences. I mean it's weird. The guy is in my dome. He sees it the way I want it to be seen and plays it the way I want it to be played."
Normally, that would qualify for a medical redshirt.

I think Dungey would be the most ready to play QB in Babers' system. He can throw and has wheels to run the read option. I would think Wilson would be second as he in my opinion has the more powerful arm and if Babers wants to stress the vertical side of the field.

I expect Babers to recruit heavily on WR, RB and QB. Don't be surprised if you see recruits without a lot of offers but who have a lot of speed. Speed kills and that is what runs this offense. He's going to recruit athletes and find positions for them on offense.

Hey Justin,
Do you think he will be a rb or a wr?

In Dino's system, he's a running back. His speed, vision, and elusiveness will make those zone reads deadly.

In Dino's system, he's a running back. His speed, vision, and elusiveness will make those zone reads deadly.
Someone is an odd man out. What happens to Strickland?

Someone is an odd man out. What happens to Strickland?

Definitely going to have a lot of cooks in the kitchen. Strickland is an inch taller and 30 pounds heavier. He could be a slot if needed. Strickland could also go to S if needed. There's a couple of other reasons unnamed that have hampered Stricklands snap count. On offense, he'll never see 15 carries a game.

Normally, that would qualify for a medical redshirt.

Found they discussed that in last weeks pre-game presser ... he's going to decide after the bowl game whether to ask for a 6th year or go pro.

Said he's graduating so would be eligible for graduate transfer. :rolleyes: