Outside drinks. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Outside drinks.

1. What really is the risk of dehydration in a 2 to 3 hr period? And aren't there fountains there should you start to evidence symptoms.

2. Why can't Americans (or some Americans) just abide by the rules.

I spend a fair amount of time in Germany, where everyone follows all the rules. It's amazing how things work better when everyone does it. Traffic moves better. Every place is cleaner. Following a soccer game the stands don't look like a landfill.

They manufacture BMWs in the middle of a major city (Munich), Our approach is Detroit.

I shout! I cheer! I get thirsty. I am a thirsty sort of girl, and I am not about to spend $3.75 to buy water in a bottle that will probably end up in the Pacific ocean and kill a manta. We have some of the best water in the USA coming right out of our taps and I'll be damned if I'll buy it.

Also, my eyes are dry.

I watched them enforce the water container policy at Gate N yesterday. Bring at your own risk.

Note that it refers to opened bottles of water. For the last few years, my friend and I have each brought one unopened bottle of water to each game. We carry them in plain sight and have never been told to leave them outside.

]

I shout! I cheer! I get thirsty. I am a thirsty sort of girl, and I am not about to spend $3.75 to buy water in a bottle that will probably end up in the Pacific ocean and kill a manta. We have some of the best water in the USA coming right out of our taps and I'll be damned if I'll buy it.

Also, my eyes are dry.

Utter nonsense. No one is going to suffer from anything significant in two hours. Drink more before you go to the games. Go to a fountain at half time.

Stop whining that the rules don't allow you to get anything you want the way you want it when you want it. You aren't as entitled as you think you are.

Utter nonsense. No one is going to suffer from anything significant in two hours. Drink more before you go to the games. Go to a fountain at half time.

Stop whining that the rules don't allow you to get anything you want the way you want it when you want it. You aren't as entitled as you think you are.

And what do you think the actual probability of any container you use at the Dome will find it's way to the Pacific Ocean and damage any aquatic life. Would a trillion to one be about right?

I try to ignore anything with a probability of more than a billion to one.

I just have to laugh at the thought of the original poster lining up at the door with his open pitcher of water in hand. Maybe he'd have to skim off the ice cubes and the lemon wedges before entering.

I just have to laugh at the thought of the original poster lining up at the door with his open pitcher of water in hand. Maybe he'd have to skim off the ice cubes and the lemon wedges before entering.

Bravo.

The thread tried to answer the question as to whether it would be allowed.

You pointed out the more obvious and possibly overarching question, "Why would anyone bring a pitcher of water to a basketball game?". The vision I have is of a cut-glass Waterford pitcher on a tray and some tall Waterford glasses.

I always bring a bottle of water to games. The one caveat they have is that it must be unopened. So bring in a full plastic water bottle.
This is what I did too.

The question I am curious about is whether you can bring an iPad to a game these days?

You couldn't a couple of years ago. But I was able to bring one to the spring football game last spring. Would like to bring one to a regular season football or basketball game.

Has anyone tried recently? If they allow an iPhone, why not an iPad? They can't be afraid someone is going to bring a $400 iPad to a game to throw at the players, can they?

When did the dome stop selling water? That's awful

This is what I did too.

The question I am curious about is whether you can bring an iPad to a game these days?

You couldn't a couple of years ago. But I was able to bring one to the spring football game last spring. Would like to bring one to a regular season football or basketball game.

Has anyone tried recently? If they allow an iPhone, why not an iPad? They can't be afraid someone is going to bring a $400 iPad to a game to throw at the players, can they?

The sign outside the gate we entered on Sunday said no iPads or laptops.

The sign outside the gate we entered on Sunday said no iPads or laptops.
I wonder why? I asked someone a while ago and was told they were concerned about people broadcasting the game. Seriously? What can you do from an iPad that you can't do on an iPhone anyway?

Looking at the food, the policies like this one, the way they handle timeouts with piped in music and The Maestro@, the way they handle the scoreboards, etc., it is like the place is run by an stubborn old guy who is fighting change at all costs. I hope when the update the Dome, they update how it is run as well.

This is what I did too.

I was denied access to a LAX game last Spring with an ipad. But smart phones are allowed.

Makes no sense. How can I contact the Dome DJ to tweet my beats if I don't have a smart phone?

It's a shame that SU sends out tweets during every FB, BB and LAX game, but I can't follow along.

Maybe that is why the Germans can be led like sheep.
and worship this guy...

David-Hasselhoff.jpg

1. What really is the risk of dehydration in a 2 to 3 hr period? And aren't there fountains there should you start to evidence symptoms.

2. Why can't Americans (or some Americans) just abide by the rules.

I spend a fair amount of time in Germany, where everyone follows all the rules. It's amazing how things work better when everyone does it. Traffic moves better. Every place is cleaner. Following a soccer game the stands don't look like a landfill.

They manufacture BMWs in the middle of a major city (Munich), Our approach is Detroit.

yes we've seen how well the Germans follow orders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom