Over Paid or What? | Syracusefan.com

Over Paid or What?

rackman18

All American
Just saw where PSU just extended James Franklin's contract til 2022 @ 5.8 million per year. Can you say unreal.

Difference is that Babers is the guy with a plan. Franklin made a good hire at OC.

He's overrated.
I don't love Ped State, but part of being the CEO of a program is surrounding yourself with the best people possible. By hiring a great OC, I think he's doing exactly what's expected of him.

Edit: I still think that something north of $5 million is ridiculous money for a head college football coach, but you need to keep up with Jones if you want to keep winning.

I don't love Ped State, but part of being the CEO of a program is surrounding yourself with the best people possible. By hiring a great OC, I think he's doing exactly what's expected of him.

Edit: I still think that something north of $5 million is ridiculous money for a head college football coach, but you need to keep up with Jones if you want to keep winning.

Oh, I agree. It worked out. Had it been his first hire at OC, I'd be more impressed.

This just means his cover ups will be that much more aggressive.

Given the horrid history of Ped State and the rabid devotion of their fans to Joe "blind eye" Paterno I actually think their coach deserves the highest salary in college football. To attract anyone to that disgraced institution - whether it be staff or student athlete - must take some convincing. And to have a top ten finish with all that recent history ... that's an amazing job.

Still, it's a miscarriage of justice that the program is not shut down completely.

Given the horrid history of Ped State and the rabid devotion of their fans to Joe "blind eye" Paterno I actually think their coach deserves the highest salary in college football. To attract anyone to that disgraced institution - whether it be staff or student athlete - must take some convincing. And to have a top ten finish with all that recent history ... that's an amazing job.

Still, it's a miscarriage of justice that the program is not shut down completely.

Yep ditto with Baylor. Both sickening situations

Difference is that Babers is the guy with a plan. Franklin made a good hire at OC.

He's overrated.
Probably not that different than Babers changing DC after his first year at Bowling Green. Sometimes you don't get your guy on the first try and it's good to know when to make a change.

Hate to say it, but they're killing it with recruiting right now too. Franklin has to get some credit for that.

Scumbag Franklin is perfect for that scumbag university. I'm disappointed it's working out for them so well.

Most PSU fans really don't like Franklin and feel he got very lucky last year. I've heard nothing but complaining about this deal from there fan base. If they start out slow this year they will be calling for his head.

Most PSU fans really don't like Franklin and feel he got very lucky last year. I've heard nothing but complaining about this deal from there fan base. If they start out slow this year they will be calling for his head.
What is it that they don't like?

Probably not that different than Babers changing DC after his first year at Bowling Green. Sometimes you don't get your guy on the first try and it's good to know when to make a change.

Hate to say it, but they're killing it with recruiting right now too. Franklin has to get some credit for that.

Scumbag Franklin is perfect for that scumbag university. I'm disappointed it's working out for them so well.

For sure. He's always been a good recruiter. And good point about Babers DC. I just get the feeling from the stuff I've read, that he didn't go out and get the guy he wanted - but that he stumbled into a good OC. If he loses Moorehead, I'd be shocked if he followed it up with another great hire.

In any regard, I think they are overpaying. He's not a top end coach, IMO.

And we can all agree on the scumbaginess of it all ;)

Same stuff I've been saying. My brother-in-law is a huge Penn State fan. They like last season, but not 100% behind the HC.

I don't know exactly what everyone else has heard but I can tell you he's pretty much a straight a**hole. Has been since he was at Vandy, very arrogant, looks down on people and does not treat people well. Personally I think he is a hell of a coach, and coach that can do what he did at Vandy is a hell of coach. He is just a terrible person and I'm not just saying that because he's at Penn State. But who knows people can change, maybe he will, maybe he won't.

Coach salaries should be capped at whatever players earn (i.e., whatever an education costs).
Meh, people should make what they are capable of making. That said, it's insane that football coaches make the money they do - and insane they make more than chancellors.

He is a grade A @$$, a lot feel he is in over is head and that if he didn't have the OC last year it would have been a bad season. Plus a lot do not like went down at Vanderbilt with him.

He made a huge run last year, they have a lot of talent, we will see if they can win games as the hunted, right now he is a bit over paid.

I mean...you're not allowed to play in the NFL until three years out of hs.
Sounds like a starting point for changing the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom