PackPride Invite | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PackPride Invite

I post on the Georgia Tech board so maybe that is why I had no problem. That is weird that NC State board is really anti-ACC/Swofford/UNC. They are a little defensive and don't seem to like us or the other northern teams. Based on my time in NC the NC State fans are the blue collar fans compared to the elitist UNC fans and they are jealous of UNC. NC State fans are like Virginia Tech fans while UNC fans are like Virginia fans.

In my best Lee Corso...not so fast my friend. We are a lot of things but jealous of unc is not remotely part of that conversation.

Have we had one NCS fan for football? I know we've had a few for hoop, especially after the game SU won at the end that had a bit of controversy.

Good morning. Should be an interesting game. Hostile environment and we had an extra week to get ready. Saw the spread is around 3.5 so I guess Vegas thinks it should be a close game. Not overly optimistic on this one.

In my best Lee Corso...not so fast my friend. We are a lot of things but jealous of unc is not remotely part of that conversation.
Congratulations on finding your way on the board and making a post. We were worried that no one who follows NC State has a computer.

Is it fair to say most NC State fans are blue collar (with red trim), with most UNC fans white collar (with baby blue trim)?

I should clarified my jealous comment. I have plenty of UNC and NCSU friends but my NCSU fans hate how the N&O tends to give more positive coverage to the UNC than NCSU. That is what I meant by jealous. The NCSU-UNC rivalry is similar to the Michigan-Michigan State rivalry IMO. Michigan State/NC State each hate Michigan/North Carolina more than vice-versa. I think the ACC has dropped the ball by not having NC State play Virginia Tech each season as that game could mirror UNC-UVA IMO for both schools. Both schools are known for their engineering departments.

Good morning. Should be an interesting game. Hostile environment and we had an extra week to get ready. Saw the spread is around 3.5 so I guess Vegas thinks it should be a close game. Not overly optimistic on this one.

I would have loved a bye last week for this team instead of playing Clemson. Should be an interesting game that can go in a thousand different directions.

Evening gents. Just back from an early Happy Hour on the NC coast. Some of my remarks may have Makers behind them.

Some of your stereotypes are just that. Yes we are an AG/ENGN school. We do have an MBA program. I was a Bus/Pol Sci major so the whole blue collar thing is a bit off base. I believe we lead the state in starting salaries but lets talk sports.

I can say I do not know much about your team simply because y'all are so new. I welcome input on how your team stacks up against ours, both on this board and ours as well. I will say we have more than a few knuckleheads who will rush out to show their ass. Just ignore them and know that the majority of us would like to hear what you have to say.

We have a Fla transfer QB who is good, but not great. Outside of that, we are rebuilding after a coach who chose not to recruit as part of his duties. We may be a bowl team next year, but I doubt it happens this year.

Did I mention we own Bass Fishing on the NCAA level?? :)

Congratulations on finding your way on the board and making a post. We were worried that no one who follows NC State has a computer.

Is it fair to say most NC State fans are blue collar (with red trim), with most UNC fans white collar (with baby blue trim)?

It is fair to say that since we have a Comp Sci major, some of us are actually able to communicate on the world wide web. As for blue collar, really do not know where you are getting that from. State grads are pretty prominent in NC. I know that in my fraternity, the vast majority of us are in upper management or own their own companies. But lets move on. Having said that, y'all will learn shortly about unc and their stranglehold on the ACC.

It is fair to say that since we have a Comp Sci major, some of us are actually able to communicate on the world wide web. As for blue collar, really do not know where you are getting that from. State grads are pretty prominent in NC. I know that in my fraternity, the vast majority of us are in upper management or own their own companies. But lets move on. Having said that, y'all will learn shortly about unc and their stranglehold on the ACC.
The blue collar thing comes from the Chapel Hill folks not SU. I had a daughter graduate from Chapel Hill and I now live in NC. I hear that all the time. More importantly, who really cares. NCS is a fine school and has one of the best (3rd ranked) veterinarian schools in the country. Try getting in to that one!

The blue collar thing comes from the Chapel Hill folks not SU. I had a daughter graduate from Chapel Hill and I now live in NC. I hear that all the time. More importantly, who really cares. NCS is a fine school and has one of the best (3rd ranked) veterinarian schools in the country. Try getting in to that one!

Buddy of mine did not get into our vet school but was accepted into unc med school.

Buddy of mine did not get into our vet school but was accepted into unc med school.
That happens quite often. Proves once again that dogs have it pretty good.

Evening gents. Just back from an early Happy Hour on the NC coast. Some of my remarks may have Makers behind them.

Some of your stereotypes are just that. Yes we are an AG/ENGN school. We do have an MBA program. I was a Bus/Pol Sci major so the whole blue collar thing is a bit off base. I believe we lead the state in starting salaries but lets talk sports.

I can say I do not know much about your team simply because y'all are so new. I welcome input on how your team stacks up against ours, both on this board and ours as well. I will say we have more than a few knuckleheads who will rush out to show their ass. Just ignore them and know that the majority of us would like to hear what you have to say.

We have a Fla transfer QB who is good, but not great. Outside of that, we are rebuilding after a coach who chose not to recruit as part of his duties. We may be a bowl team next year, but I doubt it happens this year.

Did I mention we own Bass Fishing on the NCAA level?? :)
Its trout in upstate.