Palm: JB's absence won't matter as far as SU's NCAA hopes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Palm: JB's absence won't matter as far as SU's NCAA hopes

The committee takes 4 chickens. And they pin the name of each of the four schools that are the last to get in. They then cut off the chickens head in the center of the basketball court. And any chicken that makes it off the court is in the tournament!

This. How the hell does anyone think that the ncaa won't take every opportunity to stick it to us?

That's because Syracuse is on double secret probation. Which is why we need to have NCAA tournament toga party.

Briancuse said:
I am serious, a hof coach missed almost 1/3 of his teams season, in a sport where the coaches mean everything, I would say its a factor.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. If we had won those games, would you also say they shouldn't count?

Honestly, I'm just asking because I literally see it completely the other way around.

44cuse

Ok, thanks for clarifying. If we had won those games, would you also say they shouldn't count?

Honestly, I'm just asking because I literally see it completely the other way around.

44cuse

You mean like if they went 9-0? College Basketball is about the coaches, if we had Jb there is no way we lost to St Johns or Clemson. If the committee doesn't take his suspension into account, then they aren't doing their job.

You mean like if they went 9-0? College Basketball is about the coaches, if we had Jb there is no way we lost to St Johns or Clemson. If the committee doesn't take his suspension into account, then they aren't doing their job.

You know this to be 100% true, beyond a reasonable doubt?

You know this to be 100% true, beyond a reasonable doubt?

The loss counts. Win at FSU and I believe they are in. In the words of JB, "good teams win". JB has succinct way of stating the obvious as if it were profound.

44cuse

Absolutely not! I would argue that although at a considerable disadvantage, they were able to persevere through the adversity. I think one substantial item you're simple overlooking, is the fact the JB didn't just miss the 2 hours on the bench in which the games were played, he couldn't have any contact whatsoever with his team for over a frigging month, zilch! The huge significance that that had on a team with so many young players playing critical roles, shouldn't simply be dismissed in Sorry Charlie type rhetoric you're spewing.

Last edited:
Absolutely not! I would argue that although at a considerable disadvantage, they were able to persevere through the adversity. I think one substantial item you're simple overlooking, is the fact the JB didn't just miss the 2 hours on the bench in which the games were played, he couldn't have any contact whatsoever with his team for over a frigging month, zilch! The huge significance that that had on a team with so many young players playing critical roles, shouldn't simply be dismissed in Sorry Charlie type rhetoric you're spewing.

EDIT: Ok.

44cuse

Last edited:

EDIT: Thanks for your explanation.

44cuse

Last edited: