Papa John | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Papa John

Get used to it, Capt. It's part of the "Corporations, businesses and anyone who is rich is greedy and evil" philosophy.

Free benefits for everyone!

Of course, when the price of those pizzas goes up to cover these benefits, then they'll be buying from someone else with a cheaper price.

Where's my Obamaphone?
People eat too much pizza anyway. It's not healthy.

Pizza is generally better from local restaurants. The only chain pizza I think is good is Pizza Hut. Papa John's is awful I couldn't even finish one slice.

I generally avoid the carbs by not eating pizza, with the exception of when I am in Syracuse and ALWAYS stop at the Varsity to indulge.
Is the Varsity's that good? I've never eaten there.

People eat too much pizza anyway. It's not healthy.

Definitely from these chains with too many toppings, too much shitty cheese, and too much fake dough. Keep it simple. I had such a great thin crust pie from Roberta's in Brooklyn/Williamsburg back in January. Pizza shouldn't be unhealthy.

I'm curious as to when it became an expected "right" for employees to have health benefits? If employer wants to offer benefits beyond a wage I think that's great. I just don't know how it came to be the people believe that it's a right

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe if he treated his employees better, his pizza wouldn't suck so bad, capt. ;)

Get used to it, Capt. It's part of the "Corporations, businesses and anyone who is rich is greedy and evil" philosophy.

Free benefits for everyone!

Of course, when the price of those pizzas goes up to cover these benefits, then they'll be buying from someone else with a cheaper price.

Where's my Obamaphone?
Sheer brilliance right here. And on the basketball board no less.
Oh Lord

I don't think it very Christian of him to be faced like that..esp in public. you do realize he's one of those zealot dudes

Is the Varsity's that good? I've never eaten there.
In the old days when the two brothers still ran the Varsity, I once asked one of them the secret--they got their cheese from a specific local source and never opted for cheaper cheese. Personally, I like both the cheese and sauce. I like it so much that I only buy cheese slices because adding pepperoni or other toppings would take away from the inherent flavor. When my wife and I left Syracuse and moved to the midwest in 1978, our last meal in Syracuse was a large Varsity cheese pizza, which the brother on duty that day gave to us for free. The short, dark-haired lady in front that usually makes the pizza worked there back then. Regular visits over the years when I was in town to visit my in-laws or on campus for business allowed me to maintain our acquaintance. She is like an old friend and gives me a warm greeting every time I stop there. To me, YES, it is that good.

In the old days when the two brothers still ran the Varsity, I once asked one of them the secret--they got their cheese from a specific local source and never opted for cheaper cheese. Personally, I like both the cheese and sauce. I like it so much that I only buy cheese slices because adding pepperoni or other toppings would take away from the inherent flavor. When my wife and I left Syracuse and moved to the midwest in 1978, our last meal in Syracuse was a large Varsity cheese pizza, which the brother on duty that day gave to us for free. The short, dark-haired lady in front that usually makes the pizza worked there back then. Regular visits over the years when I was in town to visit my in-laws or on campus for business allowed me to maintain our acquaintance. She is like an old friend and gives me a warm greeting every time I stop there. To me, YES, it is that good.
Their white pizza is my favorite food on the marshall. just amazing.

I love it when guys who have never created a job in their lives criticize job creators for how they treat their employees.

I love it when guys who have never created a job in their lives criticize job creators for how they treat their employees.
ca73bac2_busey_clapping.gif

randomly came across this article today. Interesting take.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/0...r-joes-pays-employees-a-living-wage-and-wins/

Not so much as a single number in this piece. Nor any real reference to the study she cites. There probably are cases where this is true, but I doubt any of them are in the fast food world.

Lorraine Devon Wilke most likely wouldn't know an income statement from a kumkwat.

Trader Joes pays well? Great. How are their prices? I thought that was a boutique market.

Costco pays its employees well. Just ask one if you can find one anyplace other than checkout aisle of checking the contents of shopping carts against the cash register tape. The place is vacant of employees except at the back baking bread and the front collecting money.

You raise employees pay by 30% and that 30% increase in wages has to come from somewhere. And you aren't getting any 30% increase in productivity in those optimized systems and processes in the fast food world. I'd guess its the consumers that are going to have to cough up the difference.

But think how much better you'll feel paying $20 or whatever for a pizza ... that feeling of smug satisfaction you'll have knowing that all those workers are insured.

There is no such thing as free.

Have you been reading Doonesbury lately? The story line is on how poorly restaurant workers are paid.
I would hope that you aren't taking Doonesbury seriously.

I'd suggest you pick up a Labor Economics text instead. You might not like it. Doonesbury is more fun, I know.

This thread hurts me. My dad looks almost exactly like Papa John, to the point that one of his nicknames is Papa John.

Also, as chain pizza goes I think it's better than Pizza Hut and Dominoes by a good margin.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

PJ pisses me off because they charge a delivery fee that does not go to the driver then expect me to tip the driver on top of that.

PJ pisses me off because they charge a delivery fee that does not go to the driver then expect me to tip the driver on top of that.

Never mind the fact all franchise owners have to the privilege of the following:

In addition, you pay 5 percent of monthly net sales to Papa John's in royalty and 7 percent of monthly net sales to fund both national and local marketing. You must spend $9,000 per restaurant on marketing for the grand opening.

12 percent per month goes straight back to corporate. Maybe he should reduce his marketing budget a bit and they could afford all that healthcare.

Never mind the fact all franchise owners have to the privilege of the following:

In addition, you pay 5 percent of monthly net sales to Papa John's in royalty and 7 percent of monthly net sales to fund both national and local marketing. You must spend $9,000 per restaurant on marketing for the grand opening.

12 percent per month goes straight back to corporate. Maybe he should reduce his marketing budget a bit and they could afford all that healthcare.

Or stop giving away millions of pizzas.

Speaking of Syracuse pizza, can anyone help my faulty memory out? What was the name of the pizza place on Westcott near the Big M? I used to live on Westcott from 93-95 and can't remember the name of the pizza joint or the bar across the street that used to have bands. Anyone else buy a mountain bike from Eric at Bicycle Alley when it was over there?

Speaking of Syracuse pizza, can anyone help my faulty memory out? What was the name of the pizza place on Westcott near the Big M? I used to live on Westcott from 93-95 and can't remember the name of the pizza joint or the bar across the street that used to have bands. Anyone else buy a mountain bike from Eric at Bicycle Alley when it was over there?
Dorians? Very good pizza as well

Or Acropolis. Johnnies up near Skytop is still good too.

Acropolis sounds more right. Did they have a small shop on Westcott as well?

Acropolis sounds more right. Did they have a small shop on Westcott as well?
acropolis is on marshall. dorians is on westcott. dorian's has the 12 greek gods subs as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom