Pat Forde Article on SI | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Pat Forde Article on SI

It doesnt matter how you view sports journalism. What matters is how the masses view syracuse. People like forde help dictate the narrative whether you like it or not.

College basketball has 19 fans outside of the tournament. If those other 18 want to feel a way, let them feel that way.

The problem with your rationale is it infers you are comfortable with our coach becoming low hanging fruit.

It’s not the coach that’s the low hanging fruit. It’s the story.

We have fans talking out of both sides of their mouth. On one hand, we’re irrelevant and nobody cares about us. But on the other, this story somehow makes us relevant enough for people to care. How does it do that? I don’t know. Prairie chickens are pretty irrelevant. I came across a story yesterday about them being an endangered species or something. Will I care about prairie chickens a week from now? Probably not.

If I’m a Michigan fan and just love college hoops more than life, I’m not thinking about Syracuse. Then I read an article about Jim Boeheim being being the jerk everybody has known him to be his whole career. What’s the impact? I go back to not thinking about Syracuse after I finish my morning dump scrolling through Barstool’s app.

Last edited:
So, you're saying there was no outrage when Saban said that about TCU? Pretty much the same language. I recall there being quite a reaction, but y'know, I'm getting older.

JB was talking about NIL. I don’t know what more you want me to say about it? You thought people were reacting as if he was talking about players getting essentially bribed? That’s not the reaction I saw.

Perhaps, the same way as you per your "that he always thinks shot first" remark. And you know this with absolute certainty because...

This is an internet fan forum. As such, the overwhelmingly vast majority of posts made here are opinions based upon one's viewpoint or position.

FWIW, My 100% reply was in complete agreement of the post in which I responded to. The second sentence was of course my opinion as well by connecting the dots based upon my thinking as to how it may have likely played out.
You wrote it as a declarative statement of fact. If it is an opinion, express it as such.

It is entirely possible that someone either on the hill or in the league office told you that the ACC mandated that Boeheim apologize.

I was skeptical that the league would micromanage a coach and a member university in that fashion. Hence, the question.

And the example you cite above is not the equivalent of your post. Tomcat posted an opinion about Judah and I concurred. Very clear that both were opinions and not statements of fact.

We have fans talking out of both sides of their mouth. On one hand, we’re irrelevant and nobody cares about us. But on the other, this story somehow makes us relevant enough for people to care. How does it do that? I don’t know. Prairie chickens are pretty irrelevant. I came across a story yesterday about them being an endangered species or something. Will I care about prairie chickens a week from now? Probably not.

If I’m a Michigan fan and just love college hoops more than life, I’m not thinking about Syracuse. Then I read an article about Jim Boeheim being being the jerk everybody has known him to be his whole career. What’s the impact? I go back to not thinking about Syracuse after I finish my morning dump scrolling through Barstool’s app.
Our program is irrelevant based on recent performance.
Our coach is not irrelevant based on being a hall of famer, active leader in wins, 2nd all time in wins.
The media is watching how another legend decides to exit. Will it be pretty or a trainwreck?

Agree?

Edit: Well its probably past any chance to be pretty. Its now just how ugly.

Last edited:

I think you are misinterpreting something very important which I highlighted above.

Speaking for myself (tho I'd venture a guess many feel the same), what other non-cuse fans or pundits think isn't the point and on the list of grievances is pretty low in the pecking order (save for the recruiting impact and the spotlight that shines on our issues when a "JAB incident" occurs.)

We, as Cuse fans, care about the program irrelevance. We've cared about it for years in this downward spiral. We care about it today, and we'll care about it a week from now.

This is about what we think of our program and its state of inadequacy.

And by the way, maybe you'd care about something closer to home like the Spruce Grouse. These boreal "forest mountain chickens" used to be all over the Adirondacks and have been decimated by coyotes and loss of habitat via logging. Let Kansas and Witchita St fans worry about the prairie chickens...

You wrote it as a declarative statement of fact. If it is an opinion, express it as such.

It is entirely possible that someone either on the hill or in the league office told you that the ACC mandated that Boeheim apologize.

I was skeptical that the league would micromanage a coach and a member university in that fashion. Hence, the question.

And the example you cite above is not the equivalent of your post. Tomcat posted an opinion about Judah and I concurred. Very clear that both were opinions and not statements of fact.

I clarified your interpretation of my post in my response to you. Again, this is an internet message board where the overwhelmingly vast majority of post are opinion based. No where in my post did I say, 'the fact is,' etc.

And, your last paragraph is 'very clear' indeed, that being, it's 100% based upon your own thinking.

I clarified your interpretation of my post in my response to you. Again, this is an internet message board where the overwhelmingly vast majority of post are opinion based. No where in my post did I say, 'the fact is,' etc.

And, your last paragraph is 'very clear' indeed, that being, it's 100% based upon your own thinking.
What is a declarative sentence

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps who, you?

Per the link you provided:

The standard method of making a statement or expressing your opinion is to form a declarative sentence.

Declarative Sentence Definition

A declarative sentence is a form of sentence that makes a statement, states facts, offers opinions, or provides explanations.

Opinions qualify!

Your passive aggressive/douchey approach in attempting to provide some English lesson (especially when I have made the attempts to clarify with you that it was my opinion, and simply accepting that and letting it go) speaks for itself.

I'm done here, and I will no longer engage with you on this particular matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom