Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are coming off a 14 loss season we have no NCAA tournament or sports we have a pandemic going on. I have no idea when Im Going back to work or getting paid. Sorry for looking for some good news.
Look, the personal stuff for you really sucks and I’m sorry.

You do see how this became a “Brian who cried wolf” situation, don’t you?

Anyway, the good news is Dior Johnson.

Pretty sure OSU doesnt have an open scholly, USC just got a big in this class and really dont think Duke is a player here

Another shoe dropped at OSU. PF Alonzo Gaffney entered the portal this afternoon, making room for Towns. They are at the scholie limit. Even though C Kaleb Wesson is rated as a 2nd rounder, he's believed to be entering the NBA draft. That would clear space for Tape to join Towns, if it's truly their preference to play together. Roster-wise, the Buckeyes have literally one point guard, so they might use any space to get depth there. Or they could be eyeing Tape as their replacement for Wesson. The fact that Tape said he would make his decision in 2-3 weeks is not a good sign. If he was sold on SU, he could have just done it by now.

Where did I say the sky was falling? We just had a 14 loss season and lost 4 players. It's just being realistic. We need some help.
Look, the personal stuff for you really sucks and I’m sorry.

You do see how this became a “Brian who cried wolf” situation, don’t you?

Anyway, the good news is Dior Johnson.
It's not just me it's everyone. Dior Johnson is great news but he's two years away. I don't really see how needing a transfer is saying the sky is falling.

Last edited:
Where did I say the sky was falling? We just had a 14 loss season and lost 4 players. It's just being realistic. We need some help.

It's not just me it's everyone. Dior Johnson is great news but he's two years away. I don't really see how needing a transfer is saying the sky is falling.
I think you’re mixing children’s stories.

You said dire.

I think you’re mixing children’s stories.

You said dire.
Ya I think considering the landscape of the world right now all of us cuse fans need some good news.

Where did I say the sky was falling? We just had a 14 loss season and lost 4 players.
Dior Johnson is great news but he's two years away. I don't really see how needing a transfer is saying the sky is falling.
Actually, I think losing 4 players from a 14-loss team including the best player in the ACC qualifies as the sky is falling. It’s ok to say it. It’s not racist or anything.

Actually, I think losing 4 players from a 14-loss team including the best player in the ACC qualifies as the sky is falling. It’s ok to say it. It’s not racist or anything.
Everyone on this board loves Syracuse basketball - that's why we are here. But, if the last 2 weeks has taught us anything is that there are so many things more important than whether or not we add a forward to the existing roster. The sky is not falling with regards to our roster.

I would trade Brycen for K. Battle in a heartbeat. Battle is big and a more aggressive player, with strong family ties....

I would trade Brycen for K. Battle in a heartbeat. Battle is big and a more aggressive player, with strong family ties...

I haven't seen Battle, but I think Brycen had a lot of upside. He needs time. Really wish he would have stayed. A 4 man backcourt of BB, JB, BG and Kadary would have been a strength of the team. Unless we add someone with experience, which I doubt, we are relying on a guy who has not played one minute of college BB to take on a bigger role than we would ideally expect.

I haven't seen Battle, but I think Brycen had a lot of upside. He needs time. Really wish he would have stayed. A 4 man backcourt of BB, JB, BG and Kadary would have been a strength of the team. Unless we add someone with experience, which I doubt, we are relying on a guy who has not played one minute of college BB to take on a bigger role than we would ideally expect.
Not a knock on Brycen I think he can develop, but he did play nervous not taking obvious opportunities. He was 20 year old freshmen so he is not as young as people think.

Not a knock on Brycen I think he can develop, but he did play nervous not taking obvious opportunities. He was 20 year old freshmen so he is not as young as people think.

He had a rough year -- but he did win a game, scoring the game winning shot -- and he contributed to another win with a decent performance when Buddy got injured and missed the majority of the game, so he was playing better toward the end.

He had a rough year -- but he did win a game, scoring the game winning shot -- and he contributed to another win with a decent performance when Buddy got injured and missed the majority of the game.
I not knocking him, but I see K. Battle as an upgrade

He had a rough year -- but he did win a game, scoring the game winning shot -- and he contributed to another win with a decent performance when Buddy got injured and missed the majority of the game, so he was playing better toward the end.
I think you’re both right. I liked goodine a lot and thought he added more later in the year. But it is strange that a 20-year-old didn’t have slightly more swag about him and I wonder if that ends up holding him back a bit. Hope he does well at PC, wish he were still here, but I’m also not sure I actually know what he’ll be a year or two from now.

I think you see the name Battle and assume he’s an upgrade.
no I watched video of him and I think he is a upgrade.

I think he and his brother have different games.

I think you’re both right. I liked goodine a lot and thought he added more later in the year. But it is strange that a 20-year-old didn’t have slightly more swag about him and I wonder if that ends up holding him back a bit. Hope he does well at PC, wish he were still here, but I’m also not sure I actually know what he’ll be a year or two from now.

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

I think some here severely underestimate the spook factor that a quick hook creates. Imagine if Buddy was yanked out of the game every time he missed a defensive assignment or bricked a three that didn't even hit iron.

Last edited:
I think some here severely underestimate the detrimental impact that a quick hook creates. Imagine if Buddy was yanked out of the game every time he missed a defensive assignment or bricked a three that didn't even hit iron.
Some people can't deal with being coached and some people can, JB has been coaching Buddy since birth...

I've never met a hardazz who took it easy on their kids, usually its the opposite.

Some people can't deal with being coached and some people can, JB has been coaching Buddy since birth...

I've never met a hardazz who took it easy on their kids, usually its the opposite.
If JB is being a hardazz with Buddy, it's certainly not showing up during games. And that's really all that matters.

Think if we had another shooter to replace him, Buddy would sit more. I believe Buddy got yanked quite a bit the year before last in November and December.
I think there is a reason all the other guards transferred out, and no its not because Buddy and Joe played that well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom