Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Richmond is a long 6'6" (or 6'7" if you believe Donna Ditota's article) vs. Goodine's 6'3"

Yep. Kadary has the potential to be a menace in the zone. Some say he takes plays off on D, but can shut guys down when he wants to. So, hopefully he’s stays active up top. Not as taxing as having to man up every time down the floor on D. His length alone should be enough to make it difficult on opposing guards, so he doesn’t have to strain too much. He’s kind of built like Silent G, minus 20 pounds of muscle, and their games have some similarities. Think he could play the 1, 2, or 3 here, as well. His arms are freakishly long.

Also, Richmond is a long 6'6" (or 6'7" if you believe Donna Ditota's article) vs. Goodine's 6'3"
If he is that long, can he play the 3, if we need him to?

Yep. Kadary has the potential to be a menace in the zone. Some say he takes plays off on D, but can shut guys down when he wants to. So, hopefully he’s stays active up top. Not as taxing as having to man up every time down the floor on D. His length alone should be enough to make it difficult on opposing guards, so he doesn’t have to strain too much. He’s kind of built like Silent G, minus 20 pounds of muscle, and their games have some similarities. Think he could play the 1, 2, or 3 here, as well. His arms are freakishly long.
Haha. Saw this after my above reply.

If Tape is back in our court all of a sudden, could that be an indication that Hughes is staying? Might also explain why we’re out of the running for Towns.

howard washington 2.0
If true then what’s the point? Another bench warner who will transfer after his sophomore season. Yay.

Personally, I think he’s better suited for the college game than BG was. Brycen played stiff, timid, and had no
Iconfidence in what he was doing out there. Kadary has played better competition in HS, and to me he has shown the willingness to want the ball in pressure situations. We’ll see if it translates to big time basketball, but I’m confident it will, at least more so than it did for BG. They were both ranked about the same, but Kadary had better teams looking at him. Really don’t think we’re losing much, if anything, and are gaining a better skill set for JB’s system.

I'm not disputing any of that, but Brycen played for a prep powerhouse program, too.

Digging that we’re the only visit so far
Thought he missed the USV trip. Hmmm

Dropping a few notes in here -- talked to Tape a couple weeks ago but I was at a wedding in Boston and didn't have a computer to jump on here.

Told me he had to cancel USC because of the coronavirus, so I don't want to say Jake is wrong, but I don't think he's right. Of those schools, I think Syracuse is the only one he's visited in any official capacity -- feel free to jump in if there's been a visit to Duke that I didn't see. Also possible he's been over to Duke since he's a Charlotte kid. Worth noting though that his family is all UNC grads.

When I checked in with him he still wanted to wait to see what happens with Towns/Hughes and some other guys. Said he hadn't spoken with Seth in a while and I'm not sure if that's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom