Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidibe played 23mpg this year...if he can limit the fouls and get that up to 30mpg, I think we’ll be ok there
It be nice to be better than just ok. It would be nice to have a real post presence

Well if we got him we’d have had one too many guys and Quincy would have had to really fight for minutes with Woody probably wanting to redshirt Ajok not playing and Edwards redshirting. Even if he was better than Sid was he THAT much better?

You still wanna get a guy like this. Remember how good Roberson was as a Jr 2016 tournament and then was unplayable as a Sr even getting DNP’d. Would have been nice competition up front and injury insurance.

But I like our roster and we have bodies and 2 senior starters in the front court.

Well if we got him we’d have had one too many guys and Quincy would have had to really fight for minutes with Woody probably wanting to redshirt Ajok not playing and Edwards redshirting. Even if he was better than Sid was he THAT much better?

You still wanna get a guy like this. Remember how good Roberson was as a Jr 2016 tournament and then was unplayable as a Sr even getting DNP’d. Would have been nice competition up front and injury insurance.

But I like our roster and we have bodies and 2 senior starters in the front court.

We do have bodies. I’ll give you that. But three less than a full roster and only three guards.

We do need to add someone who can help replace Hughes production. If Griffin is eligible great if not we need someone else.

We do have bodies. I’ll give you that. But three less than a full roster and only three guards.
Griffin can play guard if necessary. That’s really all we need.

Especially if he is sheltered in place with his girlfriend.
Not to mention,
52a6968c85afabb53b18ad73380db405a7c47c616972f5edc5e65bd3f49299d9_1.gif

You can’t convince me that he’s ready...Edwards is better served redshirting next years and I feel that’s the whole reason you go after a guy like Tape...our centers aren’t where we need them to be and we will get abused down low unless we find someone else...just an opinion
I don’t get the redshirting. He’s NOT going to redshirt. Why would he? Do you think he plans on spending five years here? Even at 210 pounds he’s more talented than any other big on the roster and it’s not even close.

I don’t get the redshirting. He’s NOT going to redshirt. Why would he? Do you think he plans on spending five years here? Even at 210 pounds he’s more talented than any other big on the roster and it’s not even close.
I think the thought was if we had Tape on board and JBA off redshirt, we don’t need 4 centers. Edwards has tremendous potential but with Sidibe/Taor it’s unlikely that JBA/Edwards play at all, so why not save a year of his eligibility? Since Tape isn’t coming though I doubt we redshirt him

Time to get tape' of this thread!!!! He's a Dukky

We’ve watched Sidibe get abused three quarters of the year...he’s gotten better towards the end of the year...I guess we will see what happens not the end of the world

But to say "he's gotten better" minimizes it a little -- a bit of an understatement as it was like two completely different players:

1) He finished the season with 6 consecutive double-figure rebounding games, after having only 3 total through the first 26 games

2) Three of his last 5 games he scored double-figures (including his 2 highest point totals of the season), after scoring double figures just 3 times in the first 27 games

3) He fouled out just 1 time is the last 5 games, after fouling out 6 of the 7 games preceding those.

So yes, small sample size, but at least he showed he still has the potential that he displayed 2 years ago as a freshman at Pitt (18 points, 16 rebs). Maybe he has seen the light and figured it out -- one can only hope!

But to say "he's gotten better" minimizes it a little -- a bit of an understatement as it was like two completely different players:

1) He finished the season with 6 consecutive double-figure rebounding games, after having only 3 total through the first 26 games

2) Three of his last 5 games he scored double-figures (including his 2 highest point totals of the season), after scoring double figures just 3 times in the first 27 games

3) He fouled out just 1 time is the last 5 games, after fouling out 6 of the 7 games preceding those.

So yes, small sample size, but at least he showed he still has the potential that he displayed 2 years ago as a freshman at Pitt (18 points, 16 rebs). Maybe he has seen the light and figured it out -- one can only hope!
I said this in other threads. He needs to work on his agility to avoid stupid fouls. I was half joking when I said he needs to spend about an hour a day chasing chickens around his back yard like in Rocky. I'm bullish on Bourama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom