Patterson is orange | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Patterson is orange

The staff has watched him a lot over the past month or so. They would know more about his abilities currently than any of us. This doesn't knock us out of the Jordan battle but if I was a Temple or SJU fan, I would feel good about my chances of landing him for reasons outside of Patterson committing to SU.

Hearing and rumblings on Whitehead and McCoullough?

Kid looks very good in those videos! Welcome to orange land sir.

Hearing and rumblings on Whitehead and McCoullough?
In great position (take it however pervs lol) with McCullough and we'll see what happens with Whitehead. If we stay put at the guard position then I think our chances will be good with him. If we still get Jordan then it could most likely knock him out of the equation.

Lots of fans seemed to want SU to get Jordan. Who knows, maybe SU was of the opinion that Jordan was going elsewhere. If Jordan really wanted SU, hearing of Patterson's visit would have prompted a commitment. Patterson looks like a stud athlete, I am thrilled to see him land in Syracuse. It's not like SU lost out on a top 10 type recruit.

Lots of fans seemed to want SU to get Jordan. Who knows, maybe SU was of the opinion that Jordan was going elsewhere. If Jordan really wanted SU, hearing of Patterson's visit would have prompted a commitment. Patterson looks like a stud athlete, I am thrilled to see him land in Syracuse. It's not like SU lost out on a top 10 type recruit.

Yeah, I'm wondering about this. If Jordan is the superior recruit (although many SU fans just wanted to make sure they got the better ball handler), then why does it seem it was/is actually Patterson who got recruited by (currently) more elite programs? IU and Ohio State are pretty good.

The dude can tie his shoes without bending over! Welcome to Syracuse Mr. Patterson

Per Mike McAllister from Scout his coach says his ball handling is not as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

Patterson seems like a nice commit. Excited to have him. That long wingspan will help in the lane as well.

I think Dajuan, Gbinije will be gone by 14-15 and Fair, Keita will be graduating by then. I give it about a 25% chance Rak will be back as a senior. Pattersons extra year in HS will prove extra helpfull that year.

As I wrote before, I think Cooney, Ennis, Grant, and sophmores BJ, Obokoh, Patterson with maybe Rak will be all we have left returning for 014. So we get a few ready to play freshmen for 14 like Briscoe, whitehead and a ready scoring freshmen big like Dakari to fill the void for Dajuan, Keita and maybe Rak I would be happy.

We grab Wiggins or two of MCW, Dajaun, Rak, Fair return for next year and we will be soooo soooo stacked for 013. Wishfull thinking though. I think Wiggins is our best chance at this point, and we got room for him to play with Gbinije
biggrin.png

He reminds me of Shannon Brown. I like him. Welcome!

Per Mike McAllister from Scout his coach says his ball handling is not as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.
With all the talk on this board regarding his ball handling, I was expecting him to be the next coming of McCroskey. After watching some videos of the "Buss" I'm curious how this label was tagged on him. He looks fine with the ball. Very athletic and nice form on his jumper. Nice pickup. LGO.

With all the talk on this board regarding his ball handling, I was expecting him to be the next coming of McCroskey. After watching some videos of the "Buss" I'm curious how this label was tagged on him. He looks fine with the ball. Very athletic and nice form on his jumper. Nice pickup. LGO.
I think that the contention is that he is a pure shooting guard, not a combo. And the general consensus is that we need another point guard or at least a combo, and Patterson is not well known for his point play, nor has he been asked to perform in that roll, from what I have read. So, while he seems like an excellent pick-up as a shooting guard, he does not fill the perceived need for a secondary point guard. But, I trust the staff on this and welcome the Bus on board, and I can't wait to see him playing defense and getting break away dunks from the top of the zone.

Paul Harris as a guard.
Exactly what I thought, myself. Except, it looks like he may have a higher BB IQ. (hopefully!)

I rooted for PH more than most, but he had his frustrating moments.

Exactly what I thought, myself. Except, it looks like he may have a higher BB IQ. (hopefully!)

I rooted for PH more than most, but he had his frustrating moments.

Paul always made things interesting. Remember him eating popcorn on the way back down court after a fast break. LOL. I thought he had his best season as a Sophmore but he played some guard then because of injuries and even without being a good shooter he flourished at times.

Where's the Rothstein's comparisons when you need them?????
Seeing Ron in action would be too much for Jon, poor guy would have to pull a Calhoun and head to the locker room early.

Love this commitment. He can flat out shoot the ball, and has long arms for the top of the zone.

Paul Harris with a jumpshot is a good comparison. He also has a little 'Melo in his game offensively. His stepback jumper is nice and his stroke is pure.

Welcome to Syracuse. Like what I see from him and glad to have him. His jumper is beautiful and has the psychical tools to be a force on D. His driving and finishing abilities don't look too bad at all either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom