Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - Pearl Washington Articles and Videos | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday Pearl Washington Articles and Videos

There's an amazing comment on this article, with yet another awesome story about Pearl.
Here's an excerpt:
So here I am on a court, probably in the bottom 10% of players there, and I find out that Pearl Washington was going to play on my team. I’d played against other college players before and usually got humiliated. So we’re off and running and Pearl has the ball, and I’m running all over the court trying to set picks for him, except he’s not shooting, he’s passing the ball at impossible angles to my teammates and taking me aside to tell me that if I get open he’ll find me. So I just started running around trying to pick my spots. On one run I was sprinting downcourt after I realized my defender tried to steal the ball from Pearl. As soon as I looked up the ball hit me in the hands whike i was full in stride. Layup. A couple of plays later I cut backdoor and Pearl hit me, but I was at an awkward angle being that Im a lefty and I blew the shot. Pearl looks at me and goes “oh, I didn’t realize you’re a lefty”. A couple plays later he hit me in stride so my left hand was away from my defender, layup. Every pass was right on the money, every dribble was as effortless as watching somebody breathe. For whatever reason, I had Pearl Washington feed me the ball on 6 baskets and our team won 21-10.

Overall it was one of my best days and even though it happened 30 years ago it’s something that I’ll never forget. Pearl was a gentleman and a really quiet and humble guy. I still have that autographed t-shirt somewhere in storage somewhere. It’s value to me is worth more than any dollar amount I could get, because on that day in July of 86 I got to play with a legend and he made me feel like a pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom