People act like we can't score!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

People act like we can't score!!!

I agree that he makes great passes on the break but when he tries to finish on the break (or in the halfcourt, as you said) he's terrible at it. I guess we are actually in agreement.
You agree except on the definition of "finish". That's the part where someone puts it in the hole. We waste a lot of fast breaks.

Look, if Michael Carter Williams can get to the basket, Brandon Triche can hit his open shots, and James Southerland is draining threes, there is no other offense I'd rather have.

A little "did you know" while waiting for tonight's game...

Did you know that Cody Zeller has turned the ball over 32 times in the past 8 games?! (Including 6 turnovers last game to Temple, and 6 turnovers 5 games ago to Michigan.)

That's an average of 4 turnovers per game! For a center! How does he even have the ball enough time to turn it over that much?

If I'm SU, I'm letting all our players know about that. And encouraging them to go for the steal when possible when Zeller gets the ball.

And their other big guy, Watford, has also had a 6 turnover game this season! (6 turnovers vs Illinois! Although he's been better recently.)

Not sure why their bigs can turn the ball over so much, but I like it!

I would be more concerned that Triche is turning the ball over almost 3x's a game and MCW's 3.5 tpg, opposed to Zeller and Watfords To's; Which have came from constant, physical double teams(Zeller)----I don't see JB doubling CZ.

Your guard turning it over almost 6x's per game would be very alarming to me.

I would be more concerned that Triche is turning the ball over almost 3x's a game and MCW's 3.5 tpg, opposed to Zeller and Watfords To's; Which have came from constant, physical double teams(Zeller)----I don't see JB doubling CZ.

Your guard turning it over almost 6x's per game would be very alarming to me.
Play Louisville 3 times which has the top press in the country and see how IU's guards TOs numbers would be. Triche and MCW have gone up against Louisville x3, Georgetown x3, Pitt x2, Villanova x2 all of whom put a lot of pressure on the guard bringing the ball up. Our guards make a lot of bonehead plays, but other than Oladipo I don't see another elite defender on the Indiana roster Hulls, Wofford, Ferrell are decent defenders but not at the UL, Gtown level and you guys don't have the familiarity with our personel that those teams did. This game is going to come down to how IU shoots the ball from 3 pt range. If you guys are in the high 30's low 40's we have a good chance if you guys are hitting above 45% the game is yours.

Play Louisville 3 times which has the top press in the country and see how IU's guards TOs numbers would be. Triche and MCW have gone up against Louisville x3, Georgetown x3, Pitt x2, Villanova x2 all of whom put a lot of pressure on the guard bringing the ball up. Our guards make a lot of bonehead plays, but other than Oladipo I don't see another elite defender on the Indiana roster Hulls, Wofford, Ferrell are decent defenders but not at the UL, Gtown level and you guys don't have the familiarity with our personel that those teams did. This game is going to come down to how IU shoots the ball from 3 pt range. If you guys are in the high 30's low 40's we have a good chance if you guys are hitting above 45% the game is yours.

In all fairness we did play GTown and had 13 To's in 45 minutes. Then include wins over tough, physical defensive teams like OSU, MSU and Minnesota---including Gtown.

Watford is a very underrated defender as last year, and some this year, we have used him on 2-guards and occasionally a PG----A lot better defensively than what he is given credit for, as is Abell(6'4").

If Indiana shoots 40+ % from three, I'll take our chances.

No disrespect at all, but if this games turns into a "track meet", I really like Indiana's chances. I mean after all, IU is 25-3 when scoring over 70(2 losses at the horn).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom