Per Donna about Tyus | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greyson Allen (ugh even typing that name makes me throw up in my mouth), played 4 years at Duke, is 22, and will go top 20. I don't think staying hurt his prospects.

Disagree 100% look at Victor Oladipo right now he was drafted after his junior year for instance. Kind of sick of these blanket statements as far as preferable nba draft age . Every situation is different . Age is overrated , there is 5 or so guys still playing in the nba over the age of 40. In a extremely athletic game . In the nfl, players those ages are called kickers and punters(and tom Brady)

For whatever it's worth, Oladipo was 21 on opening night on his rookie year, after being drafted as a junior. If Battle leaves this year, on opening night, he'll be 21 as well.

I should rephrase, it's an incredible achievement if he came to SU with AP credits. We probably could count on one hand how many SU hoops players have showed up with AP Credits. It's amazing. I wonder if you came with max AP credits from HS and did summer school, is it conceivable to graduate in 2 years? I wonder if an athlete has done this yet?

It’s not just AP credits. I don’t know about Battles HS but many high schools also offer college courses through local colleges. My kids HS offered SU courses through SUPA (Syracuse University Project Advance) as well as Oswego St and OCC courses. My son was able to accumulate 33 college credits and my daughter 21 while in HS. SU didn’t accept one of my son’s courses so he started there with 30 and could have easily graduated in 3 years with no summer school. So Tyus could be in a similar situation.

Greyson Allen (ugh even typing that name makes me throw up in my mouth), played 4 years at Duke, is 22, and will go top 20. I don't think staying hurt his prospects.

Are you sure Allen will go top 20? Givony has him going behind Battle as the last pick in the 1st round.

This is still not nearly as drawn out as the Tucker and Thompson threads

Honestly, I think he's going to be the back end of the second round when it all shakes out. Staying 4 years definitely hurt his stock. He should have gone after freshman or sophomore years.

Honestly, I think he's going to be the back end of the second round when it all shakes out. Staying 4 years definitely hurt his stock. He should have gone after freshman or sophomore years.
If your prediction holds true, it will most likely mean no seniors in the first round.

I should rephrase, it's an incredible achievement if he came to SU with AP credits. We probably could count on one hand how many SU hoops players have showed up with AP Credits. It's amazing. I wonder if you came with max AP credits from HS and did summer school, is it conceivable to graduate in 2 years? I wonder if an athlete has done this yet?
Nobody is talking about graduating in 2 years.

Tyus could definitely have enough credits to graduate in 3, however, with the summer sessions and possibility that he had some of the apparently hard to acquire AP credits coming in.

Tyus just wants to be respectful and professional by informing JB he is staying face to face. Probably can’t wait to see Boeheims face light up as a NC may now be on the horizon. That’s the way to announce your return

OK back to praying

If your prediction holds true, it will most likely mean no seniors in the first round.
I don't think Grayson is the most likely senior to go in the first round at all. Bates-Diop for Ohio st, Chandler Hutchinson from Boise St, and Devonte Graham from Kansas all have better shots to go in the first, I think.

Awful lot of stereotyping in these posts.

There have been multiple articles about how seriously Battle takes class. Same with Matt Moyer before he transferred. I guess you don’t read them.

Rak graduated in three years as well. As you say, it's not unheard of, and to act shocked does seem odd.

Poster has never heard of people traveling away from campus on the weekends and never heard of guys entering college with credits already. He must be living underneath a rock or be 120 years old.

bees enlightened me on the non AP credits coming to school. the traveling from campus 4 hours each way for a random weekend is strange to me. Stay on campus, try and party and have some fun. Don't go home!

bees enlightened me on the non AP credits coming to school. the traveling from campus 4 hours each way for a random weekend is strange to me. Stay on campus, try and party and have some fun. Don't go home!

If you were about to make a major life changing decision, wouldn't you drive 4 hours to consult with your family? This is hardly a "random" weekend for Tyus.

A random weekend would be going home in September.

if he's staying at syracuse why does HE go home is my point. My parents would come see me at campus if this was a major decision. To each his own. It's just my opinion about it. I went to SU, lived in Boston, etc. and took AP classes 30 years ago. was just trying to give my opinion on the situation. I rarely went home and if i had a chance to go pro i'd have people come to me vs other way around. If i was leaning on staying, i'd stay close to campus and try and reflect on why i want to leave this place.

I didn't know it was a requirement to be on campus every weekend. I'm going to guess it's probably the first time he's been home outside of Christmas since last summer since you know he PLAYED BASKETBALL.

if he's staying at syracuse why does HE go home is my point. My parents would come see me at campus if this was a major decision. To each his own. It's just my opinion about it. I went to SU, lived in Boston, etc. and took AP classes 30 years ago. was just trying to give my opinion on the situation. I rarely went home and if i had a chance to go pro i'd have people come to me vs other way around. If i was leaning on staying, i'd stay close to campus and try and reflect on why i want to leave this place.
Because not everyone is like you

Had to refresh my own memory on how the ignore function is switched on. I can't read another post wondering why a 20 year old might want to go home to be with his family while he makes the biggest decision of his life so far.

I hear you. Staying in the Cuse is clearly the better option. Head out to dinner with the family to Dinosaur. I'm sure everyone would respect your privacy while you are discussing the next chapter of your life and when to start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.