Pete Thamel | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

Sluka could be our QB1 if he was on our team right now, he's not beneath us. Drops dimes and is a legit dual threat.
He went 7-21 against Lafayette. The coach may be good, but thats not the type of guy we can give a P4 QB job to.

Love it - guy knows how to think outside the box! Sounds like going 70 in a 65
I don’t think it’s Chesney as much as it is the school that dictates the policy. But if they didn’t have that policy then maybe he’s a third place school in that league and we aren’t talking about him as a candidate.

I’m not saying we should bring all their kids in. And they did play BC closer than we did. They punched way above their weight.
Whoever the new coach is could do a whole lot worse than Sluka. He’s going to be a big contributor for somebody and has a good shot at playing on Sundays.

I think we have to go with Jason Candle. He is the only legit D1 coach on the short list. Has been successful at Toledo. This season was 20th in offense and 28th in defense. Very balanced.

It helps him that are schedule is weak next year JW knows that if Chesney wins 7 games next year he’s consider it successful

Maybe Chesney is a diamond in the rough. However, looking at the resume, am I not reading it right, but the guy has no FBS experience whatsoever. If they do hire him, that first contract should barely be over 7 figures a year.

Maybe Chesney is a diamond in the rough. However, looking at the resume, am I not reading it right, but the guy has no FBS experience whatsoever. If they do hire him, that first contract should barely be over 7 figures.
He better surround himself with some quality FBS assistants. Does he have those connections?

It helps him that are schedule is weak next year JW knows that if Chesney wins 7 games next year he’s consider it successful
Don’t want to be a Debbie downer. The schedule would be considered weak for Dino, not for a guy who hasn’t coached at the FBS level.

Spoke to the mother of one of our players. She is concerned about Chesney. Would rather have Nunzio over Chesney. At least Nunzio has experience coaching at our level with Rutgers and our one game. He really brought the players together this week from a difficult place.

I think some of the folks here with connections to the athletic department are too close to see how obvious this is.
I like Wildhack more than most, but if he hires this guy after saying he’s looking for someone with P5 experience than he’s lost me. Sometimes I think I the football alums from the 80’s and 90’s are their own worst enemy. They are trying to recreate some nostalgia based upon what was had when Mac and P were here. I don’t think Rob Konrad and some of these other guys have a clue about college football anymore and I don’t want to hear their opinion.

Recruiting HS is less important than ever. Getting someone who’s good with X and O’s while navigating the portal is much more important for Syracuse now.

He better surround himself with some quality FBS assistants. Does he have those connections?
Feels like a belief without evidence situation lol. I think he would’ve been in the FBS by now as an assistant, if he did have those connections. I hope we look back in five years and say that we’re wrong to be confused why this guy is even in the conversation, but yeah it’s not like Holy Cross is the Dakota state schools.

Let me make sure I understand how this works. From what I gather there are 4 fairly easy steps:

1) Make up an imaginary scenario that is not grounded in any verified, factual reality
2) Extrapolate that made up scenario into a follow-on imaginary result of step 1
3) Repeat several more times in a Rube Goldberg machine of made up nonsense
4) Become irate at the result of step 3, and demand the firing of the chancellor

Do I have this right? I want to make sure I have this right before I really get to posting in these threads.

I like Wildhack more than most, but if he hires this guy after saying he’s looking for someone with P5 experience than he’s lost me. Sometimes I think I the football alums from the 80’s and 90’s are their own worst enemy. They are trying to recreate some nostalgia based upon what was had when Mac and P were here. I don’t think Rob Konrad and some of these other guys have a clue about college football anymore and I don’t want to hear their opinion.

Recruiting HS is less important than ever. Getting someone who’s good with X and O’s while navigating the portal is much more important for Syracuse now.
Wildhack said HC experience or P5 coordinator. Brown had DC experience at Temple I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom