Pete Thamel | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

I was more impressed with Nunz in 1 game than Dino over 8 years (and I liked a lot about Dino). But we had a guy with extensive HC experience that was not known as a recruiter and look what happened…try something else
Yes, this is exactly the right kind of move to try.

I'll name my next five children Fran if Brown starts talking about how much we're going to throw the ball.

I'm actually starting to dig this. For the folks that are worried about Georgia and Cuse being totally different scenarios, it looks like he also did pretty well at Temple. No idea how he is in-game, but he has great connections, coordinator experience, and muchos gravitas on the recruiting side.
From a couple of UGA boards
IMG_2937.png
IMG_2936.png

There’s 4 and 5 star QB’s in the portal every season and we are going to settle for an FCS kid. Such a loser mentality. I just can’t.
I’ll take Sluka over the SEC back ups we got every day. Also, 2 of their losses were by 3 to BC and Army. I sort of remember losing to BC by 3 at home as well.

One thing about Chesney that I know is that he has a lot of character and Valleri recently mentioned they needed structure at Syracuse

Did Feldman beat Thamel for this story or has Thamel not said anything because this is another Mullen situation.

Oh please. Did he recruit and develop talent? Because that was his job, not steering the ship.
Ok. Who did he put into the NFL? More dbs than SU has the last few years?
Btw as DC or Co-DC he sure did have some responsibility for steering the ship.

Ok. Who did he put into the NFL? More dbs than SU has the last few years?
Btw as DC or Co-DC he sure did have some responsibility for steering the ship.
Take a break from b*tching and look it up yourself, sport.

Did Feldman beat Thamel for this story or has Thamel not said anything because this is another Mullen situation.
Thamel is the kind of reporter to come in from left field and break the real story with the real coach over night. No knowledge of anything. But it is interesting Thamel is quiet. Makes me wonder.

Hypothetical...

1. Candle comes in with his deep ties recruiting the talent beds of Ohio, Michigan, Western PA, etc. and now has a P5 ACC program to sell. When have we ever had real recruiting cred in Ohio?? It's not far away at all and that state is rife with talent... OSU, PSU, and Mich can't get them all. BOOM.

2. He brings on assistants with strong Northeast experience and recruiting ties (Addazio ilk, etc.) so we still have focus on the near coast.

3. He keeps Nunzio and D. Thomas from the current staff to keep our stamp in Jersey (and keep LaQuint from portaling.)

All wild speculation of course, but the makeup of the staff to cover the recruiting beds in target regions will be as important as any other big factor to success.

Candle is a successful, experienced FBS coach and knows this without guessing.

He will not be a total "learn on the job* candidate as I fear some of these other alternative names mentioned would likely be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom