Peter Carey scoring as much as the starting forwards | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey scoring as much as the starting forwards

Not meant as a gratuitous shot or anything, but I submit that the one player that's had the biggest impact on the program over the last 3 years, is none other than Benny Williams.
Imagine if Benny was the reliable 12 & 8 forward we all had hoped he'd be? His lack of consistency & development has really left a hole in our roster.
It's true. But he's a junior. If we're recruiting the way we should be, we should have had other options by now. Hopefully Red is turning that around and Freeman is the first to get us back on track.

I partially agree with you. We absolutely need a proper big man coach. No intent to bash Griffin but we have struggled too many years without a big man coach and continue to bring in "project" big men. Now the head scratching part - "make everyone forget Wilt"!! That is quite a stretch!!
Big man coaches don't need to be big. Bernie Fine did well and I'm not sure he met JB's height requirement for asking him questions. Pete Newell was 6'2". There are guys that played the 4 and 5 that never had post skills and I've seen guards that do. It's about knowing what to teach and how to teach it.

Big man coaches don't need to be big. Bernie Fine did well and I'm not sure he met JB's height requirement for asking him questions. Pete Newell was 6'2". There are guys that played the 4 and 5 that never had post skills and I've seen guards that do. It's about knowing what to teach and how to teach it.
I agree and if you reread my comment, I did not say it has to be a big man. I said a big man coach

I agree and if you reread my comment, I did not say it has to be a big man. I said a big man coach
I guess I was combining your comment with what others have said on here in the past. My bad.

I'm thinking Pete may give some response today. With the small roster, it would be crucial.

Unfortunately injuries haven’t allowed Carey to develop. This is a kid who should move on.

Adrian Autry will learn later today about the physical condition of Peter Carey, the Syracuse basketball center who did not play in Saturday’s game because of an injury he sustained during Friday’s practice.

Autry has talked this season about redshirting Will Patterson, the 7-foot-2 rookie from Brooklyn. Initially, the plan was to redshirt Patterson because the Orange was bursting with center options.

But as the weeks and the injuries piled up, Autry acknowledged during Monday’s ACC Zoom with reporters that he has considered allowing Patterson to play this season. The Orange has seven games left before the ACC Tournament.

“I actually was thinking about what the risk/reward is as far as thinking of something like that with Will,” Autry said, “but we’re gonna stick to the plan and move forward. I think Mournir’s going to have to play a little bit more and hopefully Peter can get back as quick as possible.”

Hima has played spot minutes this season. At 6-11 and 230 pounds, he is one of SU’s bigger, more physical players. Autry said he is “fine” physically.

“He has some issues running, moving, mobility issues,” Autry said. “But for the most part, he’s trying, he’s toughing it out, he’s fighting it through. And he’s been biting at the chomp to get his opportunity so this would be a chance for him to get his opportunity.”

Burn the the red shirt. It already costed a win against Clemson when MB got into foul trouble and couldn't play defense.

Maybe stop bringing in guys with season disrupting injuries. 3 of the 4 portal guys had injuries and 1 hasn't played a minute yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom