Peter Carey talks knee rehab and where he sees his Syracuse future | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey talks knee rehab and where he sees his Syracuse future

“I’ve actually gotten to the point where I can step out and make some 3s,” he said. “In terms of posting up, they’ve emphasized instead of posting up, I should face up to the basket so I can use my speed and quickness. Honestly, there’s no reason why I should be trying to back anybody down.”

Sounds like a stretch 4.

Yeah, I think the staff wants him to be more like Lydon.

Of course, Lydon came in able to hit from 3 accurately, so who knows how quickly Carey can add that to his arsenal?

While he is tall and athletic (when healthy), he's just waaaaay too skinny to man the 5 properly.

Thankfully we've at least got 2 large bodies for there next season, with Hima and the new kid.

Sounds like a stretch 4.
Yes, but he still expects to play center. I'm sure it will depend on personnel and whether someone else can play center when he's ready for minutes.

Thankfully we've at least got 2 large bodies for there next season, with Hima and the new kid.
Large bodies, yes, in terms of atoms and molecules. But that’s pretty much where it ends.

Large bodies, yes, in terms of atoms and molecules. But that’s pretty much where it ends.
Toborrow and toburrow and tobarrow! That’s our crass, hairy and evergrim life, till one finel howdiedow Bouncer Naster raps on the bell with a bone and his stinkers stank behind him with the sceptre and the hourglass. We may come, touch and go, from atoms and ifs but we’re presurely destined to be odd’s without ends.

Yeah, I think the staff wants him to be more like Lydon.

Of course, Lydon came in able to hit from 3 accurately, so who knows how quickly Carey can add that to his arsenal?

While he is tall and athletic (when healthy), he's just waaaaay too skinny to man the 5 properly.

I hope he ends up being a more bouncy Lydon.

I'm a little sad that he thinks posting up has to mean backing someone down. Do guys even know what posting up is anymore? You can do so much more than just back a guy down. Speed and quickness can be used as much in the post as it is facing up. A quick drop stop or a good up and under can get you a layup as easy as a crossover, sometimes easier. And it's not like it has to be a one or the other thing. He can have both in the toolbox to be able to adapt to different match ups.

It's funny how many times Lydon's name comes up when talking about what we need from our bigs. Kid took a lot of crap here his Sophomore year.
good player...but he really wasnt a good CENTER

the Centers for Boeheim so rarely could shoot at all so yeah...the best shooting big in the last decades will be remembered fondly

A Center that can shoot - would be amazing for this particular roster with slashers and guards that arent known for their shooting

I think it should be a priority in the targeting of the C spot.

thing is, arent too many big men who can shoot well

are there any euro options out there by chance???

worked well with jesse and Marek...

Carey is just a wildcard you don't count on. If the unexpected happens you strike gold. If it doesn't- you haven't sacrificed your success on a what if...
I hate to say anything positive...but Peter Carey seems to have A LOT of upside.
He's athletic and appears to be smart and motivated.
I think he's going to be a good player at the 4 or 5.

In the meantime, the Jesse debacle leaves the Orange with a hole in the middle and a big ? as the overall outlook for next season...even if Judah Mintz returns.

I hate to say anything positive...but Peter Carey seems to have A LOT of upside.
He's athletic and appears to be smart and motivated.
I think he's going to be a good player at the 4 or 5.

In the meantime, the Jesse debacle leaves the Orange with a hole in the middle and a big ? as the overall outlook for next season...even if Judah Mintz returns.

No reason to think he can't. As for it being this year... it's hard to say. Also as we know counting on guys hanging out to develop is also a crap shoot in this environment. It sucks but it's also reality.

Carey is just a wildcard you don't count on. If the unexpected happens you strike gold. If it doesn't- you haven't sacrificed your success on a what if...
Hopefully Red will go 10 deep instead of 7.5 deep. I find it hard to understand that if a kid is good enough to get a D1 scholarship, he should be good enough for 5 mpg by his 2nd year. I guess that's why there's 1500 kids in the portal. Viewed like that, it's not a bad idea.