Petro Done at Johns Hopkins / Peter Milliman hired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Petro Done at Johns Hopkins / Peter Milliman hired

...and JoJo Todaro, feel free to switch your original commitment back to ‘Cuse anytime now!

DA1D283C-CF09-4BE9-B7E8-8436A864DC36.gif

Not sure about the other one but whoever is a 2022 that plays offense for Boy's Latin is a serious talent. I believe Dom is his name
I believe the the brothers are twins and Dom is the better of the two.

Nadelen would seem to have been a no brainer to chase if his latest team hadn't been 0-6 and looking so disorganized

I’m sure anyone would want to take a run at hiring Andy Shay, you just won’t be able to lure him away. Yale has the richest and most generous lacrosse benefactor, he isn’t Hopkins walk in a hire Shay away.

To me, it make sense to go outside the family after having an alum coach for so long. I think Chemotti would be great or Kevin Warne at Georgetown.

That said, I wouldn’t want that job right now. Following up the legend, not only coach but player. And the financial unknowns of the new sports realities. No thanks.

I’m sure anyone would want to take a run at hiring Andy Shay, you just won’t be able to lure him away. Yale has the richest and most generous lacrosse benefactor, he isn’t Hopkins walk in a hire Shay away.

To me, it make sense to go outside the family after having an alum coach for so long. I think Chemotti would be great or Kevin Warne at Georgetown.

That said, I wouldn’t want that job right now. Following up the legend, not only coach but player. And the financial unknowns of the new sports realities. No thanks.

Agreed, I think hiring a non alum makes sense but not sure there is an obvious candidate that jumps out. Chemotti would be a dame good hire but thats a tough sell to that fanbase or whats left of it and the alumni. I think they will take a run at a big name and once they get rejected will get a guy like Raymond who I think fits the bill for what they are looking for and would be a pretty good hire based off what he has done at Hobart. Although his recruiting would definitely take on a whole new level of competition.

Ty Xanders noted he was speechless on twitter after seeing Petro was essentially let go. I know he's a Petro/Hopkins guy but if he was really speechless I have to wonder where he has been the last half decade. The writing has been on the wall for years now and that fanbase was basically on the verge of revolting.

Ty Xanders noted he was speechless on twitter after seeing Petro was essentially let go. I know he's a Petro/Hopkins guy but if he was really speechless I have to wonder where he has been the last half decade. The writing has been on the wall for years now and that fanbase was basically on the verge of revolting.

I’m right there with you. I’m more surprised by the number of people who are surprised and shocked about this news. A lot of sub par seasons lately compared to the history they have. I imagine that Desko would have been gone last year if his contract was up.

I’m seeing a lot of chirping about the AD dropping them to D3 as the new direction referenced in the press release. Have to imagine that wouldn’t go over well with the alumni.

Not sure if that was the main issue, but I don't know have the knowledge of big 10 nastiness that some on here seem to have. Certainly gave them an insane strength of schedule each year. There strength of schedule is what got them in the tourney the past 4 years, despite 3 of those years ending 8-7 8-7 and 8-8. Then they would immediately prove they didn't belong by getting routed by an ACC team in the first round. With the focus they put on something with circular logic like RPI it helps to be in a top 2 conference. Helps with recruiting too. Not sure if that cancels out big 10 shenanigans but I really am out of the loop on that.

I said it because kids (and fans) aren't dreaming of going to Hopkins to play lacrosse out in the midwest. Hopkins is the quintessential Baltimore/Southern lacrosse experience. You don't think Ohio State and Michigan and Rutgers. They kept Maryland and try to keep Navy, Towson, Loyola, UMBC, Delaware on the schedule but it's just not the same. They lost a lot by moving out of the region.

Petro is still an awesome coach but his style is falling out of favor with the new generation of kids and parents. Too fragile and coddled who don't like to be yelled at. It's a new world.

I’m right there with you. I’m more surprised by the number of people who are surprised and shocked about this news. A lot of sub par seasons lately compared to the history they have. I imagine that Desko would have been gone last year if his contract was up.

I’m seeing a lot of chirping about the AD dropping them to D3 as the new direction referenced in the press release. Have to imagine that wouldn’t go over well with the alumni.

Would be hard to see them dropping to D3, the fanbase would go nuts, even worse when Hobart tired to move to D3 a decade or so ago. Plus any move to D3 locks the program in forever at D3 as they are grandfathered in so the only way back is every program goes D1 which Hopkins will never do. Even with the cover of the pandemic that President would be asking for a brutal fight if he tried that.

Agree 100% on the surprised reaction, people have been talking about Hop moving on from Petro for a least three to four years now and thats a conservative estimate. I think some are friends or fans of Petro who couldn't see the forest through the trees. Most of us are surprised it took this long.

Not sure about the other one but whoever is a 2022 that plays offense for Boy's Latin is a serious talent. I believe Dom is his name
Yes. You are correct. He's definitely one of the top recruits in that class.

He has twin boys who are 2022s. Dom started at attack for BL and is a top 3 attack in that class. He is real deal. Dom's twin brother Nick plays defense at BL and I don't know much about him. I am aware that there had been some speculation of where Dom is looking and past rumors have pointed to Ivys and other high academic institutions. Things could change with this news. It will be interesting to see where the twins end up.

Whoever succeeds Petro will benefit from his forthcoming recruiting classes as did Tiffany with Starsia though sustaining success at JHU will likely be more difficult than UVA.
Marr does not strike me as a fit for JHU

Nice salary for Marr. Wouldn’t have guessed that.
Plus nys benefits and pension, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. It’s interesting to look at the pay differences between SUNY Lax coaches both genders and d1 and d3. Joe Spallina, WLax coach at Stony Brook makes more than all of them...

Hopkins looking to fill the spot by May 1st. Already offered it to Shay and Alberici without interviewing them, both turned it down.

Hopkins looking to fill the spot by May 1st. Already offered it to Shay and Alberici without interviewing them, both turned it down.

Not surprised Shay turned it down. Alberici is a surprise offer and I'm even more surprised he turned it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom