Class of 2020 - PF Alex Tchikou (France/Brewster) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Alex Tchikou (France/Brewster)

https://basketballrecruiting./news/alex-tchikou-is-switching-classes

Interesting how this guy seemed to fall off our radar screen. Would assume he knows where he is going but as the article said he needs to find a place with an open scholarship and strange things can occur out of thin air as the Anselem recruitment showed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I hope Hop snags him but Hop has a few 4 star bigs that have gotten zero PT so that should be interesting

Great pickup for Oats. He would be an interesting candidate to consider at SU when JB decides he's ready to retire. My hunch is it'll be an internal hire, but let's see what Oats can do with this type of talent.

If Cuse doesn't go with a current asst. coach gotta think Oats is one of the top three candidates.
If you are in the camp that wants Oats to succeed JB, then follow what Nick Saban is doing. If Saban is still at Bama when the SU job opens, I think Oats would be much more prepared to make the move. If Saban is gone and his successor is having trouble maintaining Saban's level, Oats might be more likely to stay in Tuscaloosa.

Of course, many variables remain out there. Has Oats won big? Does he want to return to the cold? What does his wife think?

Bottom line-- this is all baseless conjecture, but what else is there to do?

If Cuse doesn't go with a current asst. coach gotta think Oats is one of the top three candidates.
He is. 2nd call if he doesn’t flame out down there

Let’s actually see success in Tuscaloosa outside of recruiting before we do any of that talking sheesh.

Let’s actually see success in Tuscaloosa outside of recruiting before we do any of that talking sheesh.
I think mostly everyone has had a wait and see approach with oats. Hard not to like what he did at UB and his recruiting so far at bama has been good. He was able to keep lewis on the team last year when he was thinking of transferring and now his class this year is impressive. Charismatic coach who is young and would probably crush it here. But yes, he needs to prove himself more and has plenty of time to do so. Just something to talk about. Red/Hop/Oats are all good candidates and I'm sure there will be a few others to talk about when the time comes.

He could be so good. Nice outside shot and really athletic. His ceiling is REALLY high at power forward.

Given our recent history of pulling guys from the portal that we had a previous relationship with, I'm going to say this guy is one to watch.
It would be awesome to watch this develop. He could be an NBA All-Star or a bust or anything in between. Personally, I want to take the gamble, if he is willing to come aboard, because the potential is so high. I love this time of year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom