Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

If they get what they want from the portal that will not be the starting 4 and 5.
What do you believe they want from the portal that AZ is apparently unaware of?

I'm not asking this to be a wise guy, but did you not expect that because you didn't know how good PJ Hall is? He averaged 18 points a game. The guy scored on everybody.

Given Brown's other abilities as a defender, I also suspect that he had games where he was a turnstile because he was being overly cautious about getting called for fouls. With a legitimate backup to alleviate some of that fear, I expect his post defense will look significantly better.
I know PJ Hall is a good player, maybe a borderline NBA player.

He had one of his best games of the season against Brown. Discounting the cupcakes, he was only clearly better in a loss to Georgia Tech. Since Syracuse was getting blown out, I think him scoring only 25 on Brown was Clemson's version of the mercy rule after they went up 20 in the first half.

As to your point about Brown being too cautious defensively because he was worried about not having a back up… Do you think it’ll be any better if we still have (a possibly hobbled) McLeod and Patterson as our only other big men?

Perhaps that game was merely the perfect storm of a hot opposing player, no depth and a ton of minutes played by Brown. Or maybe it was the prototype for next season, how every team is going to play Syracuse next season if Brown is our only center?

Last edited:
Talent.

Across the board, regardless of postion. Especially a big.

Nobody is pencilled in at any starting spot aside from maybe one or two guys.
I would think as AZ is fairly connected that he would be aware of the staff looking for talent.

Talent.

Across the board, regardless of postion. Especially a big.

Nobody is pencilled in at any starting spot aside from maybe one or two guys.
What does this mean? Talent over Brown or Freeman?

Who is penciled in then?

I think its pretty clear what I mean.

Talent period, we needed more of it this year. It's not "over anyone". You bring in as much talent and figure out starting lineups after.
I’m all for this. The talent within this program hasn’t been what it should be. Get every bit of talent you can get and let the chips fall where they may. There was once a time in this program where MCW rode the pine.

I think its pretty clear what I mean.

Talent period, we needed more of it this year. It's not "over anyone". You bring in as much talent and figure out starting lineups after.
Well when you have guys that play a lot and other guys you want to bring in it’s hard to sell them on that. Which is why we struggle to. And now we have a horse trade that no one wants.

Well when you have guys that play a lot and other guys you want to bring in it’s hard to sell them on that. Which is why we struggle to. And now we have a horse trade that no one wants.
There is plenty of time to go around...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom