Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

I would love to see them take this guy now and figure things out later. Even though his stats were hardly eye popping, he played for Tennessee in the tournament and made some big plays. He will improve here more than he would under a coach like Barnes.
Also i think the NIL thing is overstated. He can't expect to get huge cake. He isn't some hot 5 star top 10 recruit. Most of the NIL deals are for tens of thousands of dollars. The huge deals like the Alabama qb and others are outliers for the most part.
My insider at UT basketball says BHH is a drama queen who won’t work hard and constantly argues with the coaches. Wasn’t a good fit for the UT culture. Says his AAU coach and his mother are always in his ear about playing time.

This kid is not the type we need and not the type that will mesh with JB. Hard pass.

Florange44

My insider at UT basketball says BHH is a drama queen who won’t work hard and constantly argues with the coaches. Wasn’t a good fit for the UT culture. Says his AAU coach and his mother are always in his ear about playing time.

This kid is not the type we need and not the type that will mesh with JB. Hard pass.

Florange44
Much much better off with Jesse

Boeheim had a lot of success with kids in this mold for a long, long time. It didn't always work but he often had a knack for maximizing the talent on kids like this. He doesn't go there anymore though.

Boeheim had a lot of success with kids in this mold for a long, long time. It didn't always work but he often had a knack for maximizing the talent on kids like this. He doesn't go there anymore though.
im-too.gif

We’ve been sort of holding our own with less talent than many power 5 teams. It would be nice to level the playing field again.

If JB has some decent to good pieces at his disposal, he can work wonders. I fully expect our hall of famer head coach back now that his boys have moved on.

Interesting. Other than Auburn quite an unimpressive list.
Louisville, LSU, Georgia and Pittsburgh are four schools off the top of my head that could offer BH-H 30+ minutes of playing time.

Last edited:
Interesting. Other than Auburn quite an unimpressive list.
Louisville is unimpressive? Because of the new coach and lots of guys transferring? They will be back, depending on how sanctions play out for them.

Louisville is unimpressive? Because of the new coach and lots of guys transferring? They will be back, depending on how sanctions play out for them.

They have been like UConn in reaching out to every single transfer the past few years. So no- not anything to write home about given their habits.

For a 5 star kid with loads of talent? Little different ballgame here.
He certainly didn’t play up to the 5 star rating. People get so caught up in the ratings. He has done squat at this level and is a known drama queen

He certainly didn’t play up to the 5 star rating. People get so caught up in the ratings. He has done squat at this level and is a known drama queen

Check his last 12 games and the minutes he played and who he played. He started to show off what he could do.

I know he was a 5 star, but 45% shooting for a 6-10 guy ain’t great.

Check his last 12 games and the minutes he played and who he played. He started to show off what he could do.

Not saying it’s nothing, but those last 12 games he averaged 4.6ppg.

Not saying it’s nothing, but those last 12 games he averaged 4.6ppg.

And around 4 rebs. He was still a frosh. I mean he was only a few spots above Benny. My point was he started to play better and his potential is still very obvious not to mention having such good size. If we are gonna dump on this kids value not sure how we would raise up Benny..

And around 4 rebs. He was still a frosh. I mean he was only a few spots above Benny. My point was he started to play better and his potential is still very obvious not to mention having such good size. If we are gonna dump on this kids value not sure how we would raise up Benny..

I thought you were talking post injury and that’s what I referenced. He hasn’t been the same since it.

This is not happening. He has his top 5 already, plus there are reasons we got out on this one first go round...
Yup. Even if JB is sill looking, this is exactly the type of portal guy he would have no interest in chasing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom