Class of 2023 - PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. For about a week. Now, I don't blame him one bit for wanting to see his kids play. Must have been a thrill. But you can't have it all. Because you can't be in two places at once. And at 78. you only have so much energy. How you decide to spend it, well... And Jb is talking about coaching 2 more years.
I’m with ya, man. Rough situation.

Yes they can. But what they can't do, and where the 37k talk came from, is lecturing me about what to post. That he can't do. Before tonight, I had never noticed one post the guy had made. And the only reason I noticed him tonight, were his posts to me . As people who have been on this board know, I provide information. I do it for the board. And anyone that thinks that our coach not being out on the road hasn't hurt us, well, they would be wrong. And for those that have been around, they also know that for 40+ years, I have been a big defender of JB. But being fair, he isn't the same coach as far as effort goes that he was years gone by. But how could he be? Father time is unbeaten.
I think there’s some misinterpretation of what was written. Nothing I said was counter or otherwise questioned what you’ve said or information you’ve provided. I said both narratives have grown tiresome, and I don’t get how anyone can disagree that years of this conversation hasn’t been, and that there’s likely some truth in all of it (certainly some more than others). Nothing personal, man. I was trying to be optimistic (if you can even call it that) that maybe we’ll fail up on occasion. Hopefully Fielder is one of those occasions - I like the grittiness and motor, so I won’t be crying about the Estrella miss. Acknowledging there are many ways to skin a cat, however ridiculous, is not endorsing one. Life’s ridiculous, much like the eventual need to pry the team from JB’s cold dead hands.

I would just love for jb to have a really nice season and go out somewhat on top. But I know for a fact that the coaches think we will be very good next year. And I think Jb would want to coach that team as his send off.
I honestly think that this year will be better than next. If Mintz and Jesse play as many expect them to, unfortunately I think both are gone. Then maybe I’m in a bit of the minority, but I don’t see this current frosh class doing much down the road. Without Mintz, that is. I can’t see Jesse coming back. Can you?

I think there’s some misinterpretation of what was written. Nothing I said was counter or otherwise questioned what you’ve said or information you’ve provided. I said both narratives have grown tiresome, and I don’t get how anyone can disagree that years of this conversation hasn’t been, and that there’s likely some truth in all of it (certainly some more than others). Nothing personal, man. I was trying to be optimistic (if you can even call it that) that maybe we’ll fail up on occasion. Hopefully Fielder is one of those occasions - I like the grittiness and motor, so I won’t be crying about the Estrella miss. Acknowledging there are many ways to skin a cat, however ridiculous, is not endorsing one. Life’s ridiculous, much like the eventual need to pry the team from JB’s cold dead hands.
It is nothing personal with me. I don't mind anyone disagreeing me about just about anything. But I felt you were lecturing me. I didn't like that. Fair enough. We move on. And I love Fielder for us. Fielder played twice this summer against Estrella. Two different Syracuse coaches saw him. At different games. And both came away saying that fielder crushed him. Same words. Let's get this kid.

Last edited:
I honestly think that this year will be better than next. If Mintz and Jesse play as many expect them to, unfortunately I think both are gone. Then maybe I’m in a bit of the minority, but I don’t see this current frosh class doing much down the road. Without Mintz, that is. I can’t see Jesse coming back. Can you?
No. I can't see Jesse coming back. But I can see Mintz. 50/50 maybe.

No. I can't see Jesse coming back. But I can see Mintz. 50/50 maybe.
But next yr better than this? Even if Mintz is back. Losing Jesse and even Joe, are big losses.

I didn't say it. The coaches did. I can't tell you how bullish they are on next year. Anne isn't as optimistic as the coaches are about tomorrow.

Coaches certainly have the expertise and see it every day. Given the unknowns feels more like this season has the better opportunity to be a good year if things play out as we could hope. Next year is a long ways away with certain attrition to cope with.

It's his job. And as you well know, doing your job isn't a sometimes thing. It's an everyday thing.

I know what his job is. But I also know there isn’t a HC that travels to see all their recruits all the time. I’m sure the plan is for him to meet and talk with coach during the visit. Maybe he’ll be starstruck meeting a HOFer. ;)

It's always great when the guy with 366 messages lectures those of us with 37k. On some issues, there are no both sides. There is a right and a wrong. Not working as hard as the other guy, there is no right to that. See what I did there? Oh, and you don't know what Fielder wants. If you were around more than a week or so, you would know that I usually know what I am talking about when it comes to recruiting. It's called being informed. Something you don't appear to be.
It call a good guess that all no more you been wrong more then right so stop the self back patting I've seen you wrong way more then right so get off your high horse

It call a good guess that all no more you been wrong more then right so stop the self back patting I've seen you wrong way more then right so get off your high horse
Insiders pass along information as they hear it from sources. Those sources may be within the program or sometimes within the coaching community or the AAU world. That information is subject to change as the recruitment changes. You have to be smart enough to understand that. And seriously, English is your friend.

There are free courses widely available that you could use to educate yourself on good grammar.

I think I see what's going on here, horse envy. Don't blame Dasher if your horse is short. And, he is right more THAN most.

If we’re being fair, both sides of the story are getting tired. At some point you have to accept the situation for what it is, buckle up and hope for the best. There’s not always one path to the desired outcome - even if seemingly everyone else is on that path, and it’s a totally reasonable path that seems to work well for the vast majority. If you view JB’s, and/or the staff’s, work ethic as a failure, just hope we fail up and get Fielder.

I agree that the situation is what it is, but that certainly doesn't mean that we have to accept it.

This is a performance-based profession.

Must have been a full moon last night.

Pitino just said this summer that Providence has the best basketball practice facility that he’s seen. What do we have that Providence doesn’t? Providence has a lot going for it.
Does he want to go to a tiny little Catholic school? When I was his age, I know I had zero interest in that kind of school. Who knows what Drew wants. We’ll find out soon enough. I think the coach and coaching staff and their track record is probably the biggest factor, and kids always seem to rave about playing for Cooley. JB needs to do everything he can to win this recruitment.

I know what his job is. But I also know there isn’t a HC that travels to see all their recruits all the time. I’m sure the plan is for him to meet and talk with coach during the visit. Maybe he’ll be starstruck meeting a HOFer. ;)
Recruits now want a real relationship with their head coach. Many have remarked on that. You can’t just build a relationship on a single visit. JB needs to be calling this kid and getting to know him—and yes flying out to see him too.

FWIW: I don't think you fly across the country to Syracuse NY if you don't like how the HC has treated you.
Without any inside info, I imagine that JB let's kids know "this is how we recruit. If I didn't want you on the team, my assistants wouldn't be recruiting you. We all represent Syracuse basketball.

Recruits now want a real relationship with their head coach. Many have remarked on that. You can’t just build a relationship on a single visit. JB needs to be calling this kid and getting to know him—and yes flying out to see him too.

How do you know he hasn’t called 100 times. And how deep of a relationship can you build when you’ve been on him only a few weeks and when dozens of other coaches are going to be there to watch an open gym or whatever it was.

Let’s turn it around. Kudos to Gmac for going up against all those coaches and coming away with an official visit.

FWIW: I don't think you fly across the country to Syracuse NY if you don't like how the HC has treated you.
Without any inside info, I imagine that JB let's kids know "this is how we recruit. If I didn't want you on the team, my assistants wouldn't be recruiting you. We all represent Syracuse basketball.
True, but what if the head coach flying out to see him before his visit is the deciding factor between two schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom