Class of 2019 - PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas

Disappointing. I recognize the Texas logo, another is Baylor? The third? Sorry no SU in there...oh well, that is how recruiting goes.

He knows Akok is pretty solid to SU. They both play the four. I’d bet that SU said he had to wait for AKok to make a decision before they would take any commit at that position. I wouldn’t wait until spring either. SU doesn’t want both.

Unless he’s the level of a John Henson UNC skinny or like a Brandon Ingram Duke skinny; I don’t think he’s going to be a great 4. Certainly not a 5. Must get much stronger. Another beanpole. I sure hope we’re on more solid footing with some of these better prospects.

Were out...
tenor.gif

A whole lot of assumptions here
Very orange colored glasses. I think we might have just lost this one. Seems quick though. He hasn’t even been to Baylor yet and has them in his final 3. Strange for a Brewster kid to rule us out so fast.

Last edited:
Very orange colored glasses. I think we might have just lost this one. Seems quick though. He hasn’t even been to Baylor yet and has them in his final 3. Strange for a Brewster kid to rule us out so quickly.

Obviously we didn’t impress him on his visit for whatever reason

Very orange colored glasses. I think we might have just lost this one. Seems quick though. He hasn’t even been to Baylor yet and has them in his final 3. Strange for a Brewster kid to rule us out so quickly.
Obviously we didn’t impress him on his visit for whatever reason

Eh, kid is from the Bahamas and Florida. His finalists are schools in Texas and Florida. Arizona was also high on his list.

It's extremely possibly after being in Vermont the kid just doesn't like the cold. Kids get 5 official visits even if they are only considering 3 schools.

Unless something happened with the team, it's highly unlikely he didn't enjoy visit with JAB and staff. He probably just knew he wanted to go back down south but wanted to use all his officials.

That's disappointing. I'm surprised by this quick elimination. It seemed like the relationship with his coach would help us? Weird. I really hope we can land Carrigan and Akok because I'm not sold on JBA.

Unless he’s the level of a John Henson UNC skinny or like a Brandon Ingram Duke skinny; I don’t think he’s going to be a great 4. Certainly not a 5. Must get much stronger. Another beanpole. I sure hope we’re on more solid footing with some of these better prospects.
Always amusing how people turn on recruits after they go somewhere else. I would have loved to get this kid. Warrick worked out pretty well with a similar body type.

Jones woulda been a great get. Just thought maybe he saw a little seat time and didn’t like it or we said to wait on Akok and he didn’t want to either way. Hope things work out for him.

Jones woulda been a great get. Just thought maybe he saw a little seat time and didn’t like it or we said to wait on Akok and he didn’t want to either way. Hope things work out for him.

I have no idea what the real issue is, but I doubt "seat time" was a factor. Jones is going to play a lot immediately wherever he ends up, he is that good.

I hope this means that we are in good shape with Akok.

Always amusing how people turn on recruits after they go somewhere else. I would have loved to get this kid. Warrick worked out pretty well with a similar body type.

Actually, I’m not turning on anybody. If you have followed this thread and our recruiting in general lately; I’m one who has been pretty vocal against the beanpoles at the 4/5. Warrick even in high school had quicker feet and a more sudden/explosive leaper, IMO. Different kind of player. Regardless, I hope this means we have more traction and are better positioned now for say a combo of Akok/Carrigan. Throw in Guerrier and that’s a tremendous haul. This kid and Wahab have always been much further down the trough for me.