Class of 2019 - PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas

Actually, I’m not turning on anybody. If you have followed this thread and our recruiting in general lately; I’m one who has been pretty vocal against the beanpoles at the 4/5. Warrick even in high school had quicker feet and a more sudden/explosive leaper, IMO. Different kind of player. Regardless, I hope this means we have more traction and are better positioned now for say a combo of Akok/Carrigan. Throw in Guerrier and that’s a tremendous haul. This kid and Wahab have always been much further down the trough for me.

Jones is a top 50 player. Warrick was just out of the top 100 if I recall. Jones is legit even if he is on the skinny side.

Jones is a top 50 player. Warrick was just out of the top 100 if I recall. Jones is legit even if he is on the skinny side.

Yes Warrick was. But even at the same stage they are different players. Jones, IMO, is best suited at the 5 actually and that’s scary...not in a good way either.

I see him as barely top 50. I would say in the 60-80 range but I checked crystal meth and they have him at 52. I think he has a good game but I think there are other kids out there just as good.

I see him as barely top 50. I would say in the 60-80 range but I checked crystal meth and they have him at 52. I think he has a good game but I think there are other kids out there just as good.

Close enough. Jones has really high upside according to a certain expert that doesn't post here anymore.

I liked the kid but we got nota. Have no choice to move on hoping Akok, Guerrero, and Carrigan sign with Goodine.

This recruitment was particularly weird because everyone had him pegged to FSU until the last week of his recruitment.

Wow. Somehow missed this. Thanks. Shame on that brother regardless, ha.
Tough to put too much stock into his brother ... seems like a woman scorned and I believe the words 'checkered past' are inadequate to describe his history. (I am not saying there is nothing shady going on but I would certainly take this story with 10 grains of salt.)

Tough to put too much stock into his brother ... seems like a woman scorned and I believe the words 'checkered past' are inadequate to describe his history. (I am not saying there is nothing shady going on but I would certainly take this story with 10 grains of salt.)

For sure but to rat his brother (Mo) out if indeed that is true then unfortunate all around.

Shaka might be out at Texas...
While I would never wish unemployment on another, if things occur such that Smart is let go, Jones is let out of his LOI, and at the 11th hour he lands with is, I'd get over any sadness I may feel about Shaka losing his jobby job.

That's how I think it would go, so just to be sure, we should probably see it play out like that and confirm my reaction.