Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start on page one.

on page one it says its a target we could be after. There is nothing against the rules about this. the coaches are free to talk amongst themselves about potentially recruiting someone whose coach just got fired. No where does it say we contacted him. Your completely grasping at straws and pushing your negative narrative based on absolutely nothing. Id say its shocking but with you its par for the course..

Start on page one.
So, because his release wasn't heralded on the first page of this thread, The Inquirer, or Twitter, that means it didn't happen earlier than we learned? I'm not saying it did, and I'm not saying it didn't. I have no idea. But unless you have personal info about exactly when La Salle released him, you seem to be trying to turn an assumption into a 'fact'.
upload_2018-5-10_6-32-2.gif

So, because his release wasn't heralded on the first page of this thread, The Inquirer, or Twitter, that means it didn't happen earlier than we learned? I'm not saying it did, and I'm not saying it didn't. I have no idea. But unless you have personal info about exactly when La Salle released him, you seem to be trying to turn an assumption into a 'fact'. View attachment 128137

In two3zone's defense, the majority of posters write assumptions or opinions and state them as fact on a regular basis. I'm not saying I agree with his opinion in this case. BUT, it's important to point out that the only time this seems to be a problem on this board is when a post goes against consensus opinion. I'm actually inclined to think that our short recruitment is exactly as advertised, and we catch a break for a change.

Last edited:
In two3zone's defense, the majority of posters write assumptions or opinions and state them as fact on a regular basis. I'm not saying I agree with his opinion in this case. BUT, I it's important to point out that the only time this seems to be a problem on this board is when a post goes against consensus opinion. I'm actually inclined to think that our short recruitment is exactly as advertised, and we catch a break for a change.
Very true...it's a fact that my opinion is right!!!
:bat::rolling:

In two3zone's defense, the majority of posters write assumptions or opinions and state them as fact on a regular basis. I'm not saying I agree with his opinion in this case. BUT, I it's important to point out that the only time this seems to be a problem on this board is when a post goes against consensus opinion. I'm actually inclined to think that our short recruitment is exactly as advertised, and we catch a break for a change.
You'd be shocked to find out how many young people use YouTube for "news".

If he's truly concerned about the program coming off probation, is he helping matters by making unfounded accusations?

In two3zone's defense, the majority of posters write assumptions or opinions and state them as fact on a regular basis. I'm not saying I agree with his opinion in this case. BUT, it's important to point out that the only time this seems to be a problem on this board is when a post goes against consensus opinion. I'm actually inclined to think that our short recruitment is exactly as advertised, and we catch a break for a change.
I agree. I didn't say the poster was the only one to do that. Many do. Just pointing it out in this particular case.

If he's truly concerned about the program coming off probation, is he helping matters by making unfounded accusations?

Don't think he made any accusations, did he? Seems to me he was simply making an observation about the timeline of our involvement with this recruit which, to be fair, has been unusual--at least based on appearances. Don't really see what's wrong with that.

Guys a recruit has to be alive to tamper with him.

Seriously tho like two pages of drama? Isn't this kid visiting this weekend?

Hopefully he can be as much a miracle in the center of the zone.

"they?"
nuh-uh. he's not a victim.
we are all, each and every one of us, the authors of our own reputations

I'm very comfortable with my track record. I'm a lot more right than I am wrong, some people just choose not to want to agree with what i post. If I post something about a recruit not looking that good, I'm an idiot, when said player doesn't end up being that good there are 500 reasons why he isn't good placing all the blame on the player instead of the poor scouting or an excuse why the recruit was brought on board.

I don't complain about the gang mentality around here so I don't really care, it's predictable and quite amusing. When I was the first guy who said I wasn't sure that Tyus was really a first round pick and could end up back I was called names and dumb then too. It's funny.

Before you or anyone wants to bash me and pretty much call me dumb, look at the first post and the date along with a "hunch".

Again, if was any other school the word bag, tampering, and cheat would be used numerous times.

But no, it's Syracuse and everything is good and on the up and up and nothing we do is ever wrong, I think this just has a weird smell to it.

Dude, I'm surprised you're doubling down on your slur of the program's recruiting. The end of the spring signing period is next Tuesday, May 16th. Summer sessions at colleges start next month. How long is it supposed to take?

Anyway, we don’t have anything to worry about, I mean GMac is the lead recruiter and we all know he can’t close, so he won’t be coming here anyway!

LOL!

Before you or anyone wants to bash me and pretty much call me dumb, look at the first post and the date along with a "hunch".

Again, if was any other school the word bag, tampering, and cheat would be used numerous times.

But no, it's Syracuse and everything is good and on the up and up and nothing we do is ever wrong, I think this just has a weird smell to it.
It’s pretty inflammatory to make such baseless speculation about one of our coaches, imo, when there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that anyone tampered. In 6 years as an assistant, Gmac has proven himself to be nothing but exemplary and has given us no reason to doubt his integrity. You have a right to make any comment you want, but don’t be surprised when you get criticized and called out for that comment.

It’s pretty inflammatory to make such baseless speculation about one of our coaches, imo, when there’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that anyone tampered. In 6 years as an assistant, Gmac has proven himself to be nothing but exemplary and has given us no reason to doubt his integrity. You have a right to make any comment you want, but don’t be surprised when you get criticized and called out for that comment.

I doubt the integrity of anyone involved in high level basketball recruiting.

"they?"
nuh-uh. he's not a victim.
we are all, each and every one of us, the authors of our own reputations
I say whatever is on my mind. Im definitely real. People will always judge and I could care less, after all im here because of Syracuse basketball and football.

sooo the bonnies just signed another player today..5th new player, 4th new to scholarships (1 transfer). I believe they are at the max

I doubt the integrity of anyone involved in high level basketball recruiting.

haha, not sure if you're totally serious or not, but I think there's definitely something to be said about slippery morals in the world of recruiting. Not saying anyone on the SU staff breaks the rules--I have absolutely no reason to think they do--but I think in a high-pressure, high stakes world like recruiting, it's inevitable that people will occasionally push the envelope. There are probably some absolute saints out there who never bend the rules, and then there are the Pitinos of the world. Everybody else is somewhere in the middle.

sooo the bonnies just signed another player today..5th new player, 4th new to scholarships (1 transfer). I believe they are at the max

They still have one more.

Newcomers
1. Alpha Okoli
2. Kyle Lofton
3. Dominick Welch
4. Jalen Poyser
5. Melkisedek Moreaux
6. Bobby Plaunitis

Returners
7. LaDarien Griffin
8. Nelson Kaputo
9. Courtney Stockard