Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have one more.

Newcomers
1. Alpha Okoli
2. Kyle Lofton
3. Dominick Welch
4. Jalen Poyser
5. Melkisedek Moreaux
6. Bobby Plaunitis

Returners
7. LaDarien Griffin
8. Nelson Kaputo
9. Courtney Stockard
10. Josh Ayeni
11. Amadi Ikpeze
12. Tshiefu Ngalakulondi

Didn't see that Brockington transferred. and Lee was a walk-on I'm guessing?

Kyle lofton played with osun at psa

I think that is a big factor. Also rumor on the street is Bona may be close to hiring La Salle assistant for their final coaching spot. Which would definitely help the cause there, too.

Hopeful it doesn't matter, but there are a number of things pulling on Bona's direction positively.

Ugh I despise Bonaventure fans.
Yes, losing to them was not a highpoint for SU BB fans. And the drubbing we took from the likes of Rutgers in LAX this year ... that's going to leave an ugly scar. So I'm very anxious to get both of these ships righted and back on course.

Last edited:
Stockard is good. Kaputo/Griffin are decent pieces. Brockington is a tough loss.

But the Bonnie's struck gold with the Mobley/Adams backcourt - you gotta think they'll take a significant step back this year.

I think that is a big factor. Also rumor on the street is Bona may be close to hiring La Salle assistant for their final coaching spot. Which would definitely help the cause there, too.

Hopeful it doesn't matter, but there are a number of things pulling on Bona's direction positively.

Just curious, i wonder if st Bonaventure tampered too? I mean they reached out to Osi just like we did, hmmmmmmm

Stockard is good. Kaputo/Griffin are decent pieces. Brockington is a tough loss.

But the Bonnie's struck gold with the Mobley/Adams backcourt - you gotta think they'll take a significant step back this year.

Definitely will. But they view Osun as an Andrew Nicholson-type talent. And I think SU really, really likes him too.

love the tampering angle :) gmac haha

what a hater
At this point if Gmac needs a bag of cash and some Louisville strippers to close i say load him up. If he cant land this kid ill be shocked. This should be a lay up.

They still have one more.

Newcomers
1. Alpha Okoli
2. Kyle Lofton
3. Dominick Welch
4. Jalen Poyser
5. Melkisedek Moreaux
6. Bobby Plaunitis

Returners
7. LaDarien Griffin
8. Nelson Kaputo
9. Courtney Stockard
10. Josh Ayeni
11. Amadi Ikpeze
12. Tshiefu Ngalakulondi
I will say this...Osun would fit in well with all the weird names on the Bonnie roster. If SU plays St Bona again soon in the Dome, Mr Excitement's head will explode trying to pronounce some of these. He is still struggling with Marek.

Yes, losing to them was not a highpoint for SU BB fans. And we lost to Rutgers in LAX this year ... let that sink in for a minute. So I'm very anxious to get both of these ships righted and back on course.
BEAT PITT IN FOOTBALL THOUGH

At this point if Gmac needs a bag of cash and some Louisville strippers to close i say load him up. If he cant land this kid ill be shocked. This should be a lay up.

How close of a relationship do you think Gerry has developed with this kid during our 2-3 weeks of recruiting him?

Reality is with Osun and Braswell it has nothing to do with whomever is assigned to either. With such a last minute recruitment over a few weeks it comes down to two things. Do they want to play for the Syracuse program and was JB able to sell them on their role this year and moving forward.

In neither case will assistant coach relationships have much of anything to do with it. I’d bet in neither of their recruitments have we had an assistant sit with them talking 1-1 more than 1 or 2 times.

How close of a relationship do you think Gerry has developed with this kid during our 2-3 weeks of recruiting him?

Reality is with Osun and Braswell it has nothing to do with whomever is assigned to either. With such a last minute recruitment over a few weeks it comes down to two things. Do they want to play for the Syracuse program and was JB able to sell them on their role this year and moving forward.

In neither case will assistant coach relationships have much of anything to do with it. I’d bet in neither of their recruitments have we had an assistant sit with them talking 1-1 more than 1 or 2 times.
I agree with you but it does play a role. First impressions are very important. The fact that Gmac discovered him and felt highly of him has to be a positive.

I know its been a tough few months recruiting wise but honestly if its really down to Syracuse and St. Bonaventure we need to get this kid period. I don't care if St. Bonaventure hired his whole family were talking Syracuse vs St. Bonaventure here its the equivalent of a kid deciding between Alabama or UAB for fball. I am not panicked by losing Golden and the whole Bazley Odyssey but not getting this kid would be a horrible sign.

If the relationship is irrelevant then it should be a slam dunk that he comes here.

Personally I think he ends up here because we're Syracuse and they are the Bonnies.

It wouldn't make any sense for him to go there.

If the relationship is irrelevant then it should be a slam dunk that he comes here.

Personally I think he ends up here because we're Syracuse and they are the Bonnies.

It wouldn't make any sense for him to go there.

It may not make sense to you but it may to him. Could be immediate playing time this year there. They have already signed one of his aau teammates. There are rumors St Bonnie might be signing a Lasalle Asst to an asst job there. Could be any number of reasons. Let’s hope JB can convince him that while he may not have a big role this year, he would going forward.

the only thing that could make it a "slam dunk" is if the program brand perception is at the top of his list.
but what if it is maximizing his on court playing time from the start? then the equation is: come to syracuse and be the 3rd center on the depth chart for a coach who has publicly stated he can only play 2 centers
or go to the bonnies and be the tallest guy on the roster and no worse than 2nd on the center depth chart and maybe 3rd on the forward list

the only thing that could make it a "slam dunk" is if the program brand perception is at the top of his list.
but what if it is maximizing his on court playing time from the start? then the equation is: come to syracuse and be the 3rd center on the depth chart for a coach who has publicly stated he can only play 2 centers
or go to the bonnies and be the tallest guy on the roster and no worse than 2nd on the center depth chart and maybe 3rd on the forward list
The backup has a history of injury problems and his future is uncertain. This is our insurance policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.