Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP - NOBODY has done less with more, than Rick Barnes.

He couldn't make the Sweet Sixteen with KEVIN DURANT and THREE other future NBA players!!!!

JB got a Natty with Carmelo.

The last time we had a guy with your skillset (Tyler Lydon), JB took us to a FINAL FOUR.

Barnes/Tenn are lucky to get to the Sweet Sixteen once a decade.a
Ask Huntley-Hatfield how it went there.

I’m not surprised if he’s a Tenn. lean. I thought that might be the reason JB went on the radio the week after JP’s visit ranting about NIL.

A Tennessee staff member told his buddy that JP is a heavy Tennessee lean but no decision has been made. I was hoping he told the coaches his decision to avoid getting unnecessary phone calls every day, but it appears he's still talking to each program.
Before or after the SU visit?

This is starting to turn into a game of telephone, with the direction dependent on who you talk to.

I'm not suggesting that he ISN'T leaning Tennessee -- they are an NIL machine right now. But with the way the NCAA came down on football, I'd expect their basketball chicanery to not last long.

I can’t recall a recruitment with two random schools like Iowa and Tennessee involved that we had quote on quote “insider info” from both schools in the board. If it’s going against UCONN, etc it makes sense but Iowa and Tennessee? Weirdddd. This isn’t me like suspecting anyone in the board it’s just interesting because it makes you think about the recruiting tactics of these schools we don’t go up against often.

A Tennessee staff member told his buddy that JP is a heavy Tennessee lean but no decision has been made. I was hoping he told the coaches his decision to avoid getting unnecessary phone calls every day, but it appears he's still talking to each program.
I feel like every team in on him has said this to people (He’s a heavy Syracuse lean, Iowa lean, Marquette lean, etc.) To me this doesn’t really mean anything.

Who? Besides the one crystal ball from the Iowa insider (lol) I haven’t seen much.
If you read the Iowa board they have like 3 different guys who are insiders that say it's them. And that Syracuse has no shot. Other "insiders" say it's Syracuse and Tennessee and Iowa has no shot. Seems like no one really knows. Me? I think he's coming to Cuse. Makes way more sense than the other 2.

If you read the Iowa board they have like 3 different guys who are insiders that say it's them. And that Syracuse has no shot. Other "insiders" say it's Syracuse and Tennessee and Iowa has no shot. Seems like no one really knows. Me? I think he's coming to Cuse. Makes way more sense than the other 2.

Tend to agree.

I also think this guy is the most important recruit we're chasing in 2023. Land him, and I don't care who else we bring in.

Miss out on Estrella, and it's a big hit to the class, regardless of who else we land [given that most of our top targets have already eliminated us].

Hope the close to home factor works in our favor. Nervous about Tennessee with NIL. Worried about Iowa being able to sell Garza and Murray getting drafted 4th.

I’m hoping we keep the recruiting momentum going after landing Mintz and a very good 2022 class.

Yeah, it sounds a lot like Mintz. The kid and his family keep it close to the vest. He is very complimentary of all the schools recruiting him. Probably says all the right things to the coaching staffs, so each one is very confident. So, it's a crapshoot. We obviously own many of the "tiebreakers", so I am feeling cautiously optimistic.

I've read tons of VIP stuff on 247Sports sites for Iowa and Tennessee, along with other content online. I've talked to a national analyst directly. I'm on another SU board with an expert. Iowa "insiders" think Iowa is in the lead. Other folks think it's more likely SU versus UT, with the Vols slightly out in front. Who the heck knows :)

I've read tons of VIP stuff on 247Sports sites for Iowa and Tennessee, along with other content online. I've talked to a national analyst directly. I'm on another SU board with an expert. Iowa "insiders" think Iowa is in the lead. Other folks think it's more likely SU versus UT, with the Vols slightly out in front. Who the heck knows :)
Only JP knows.

Believe that SU staff are doing everything they can to land Estrella. If they don’t, then Estrella wants to play elsewhere.

Believe that it will be a family decision and if Estrella wants to play somewhere specific then that will come into play with the decision.

Up to this point, each of the three or four schools are hearing the right information from JP to keep them hoping for the best but only one school will end with him.

I am hoping for Syracuse.

Believe that SU staff are doing everything they can to land Estrella. If they don’t, then Estrella wants to play elsewhere.

Believe that it will be a family decision and if Estrella wants to play somewhere specific then that will come into play with the decision.

Up to this point, each of the three or four schools are hearing the right information from JP to keep them hoping for the best but only one school will end with him.

I am hoping for Syracuse.
You’d think if fam is the superior factor, location should go hand in hand with that…

Yeah he’s coming to Cuse. Would like him to tell the other schools to leave him alone though

He will be Orange
There’s only one “orange” with a capital “O”, we’ll done, Wrinkle. By the way, in my head, I said “there’s only one ‘orange with a capital ‘O’” as George Costanza saying “the only candy with the cookie crunch”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom