Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll take the family at their word. They seem like nice folks. But like HL Mencken said “When someone says it’s not about the money, it’s about the money”. I could go on and list all the criticisms about the program as reasons but family atmosphere is not one of them.

I’ll take the family at their word. They seem like nice folks. But like HL Mencken said “When someone says it’s not about the money, it’s about the money”. I could go on and list all the criticisms about the program as reasons but family atmosphere is not one of them.

Just like the liv golfers… it’s 100% about the money

So for everyone that is complaining about NIL and throwing money at recruits blah blah, if the roles were reversed and SU got kids because they had a competitive advantage with NIL and got their recruits money, would everyone say “this is wrong we shouldn’t be doing this”? NO CHANCE. Let’s stop fooling ourselves and stop complaining

So for everyone that is complaining about NIL and throwing money at recruits blah blah, if the roles were reversed and SU got kids because they had a competitive advantage with NIL and got their recruits money, would everyone say “this is wrong we shouldn’t be doing this”? NO CHANCE. Let’s stop fooling ourselves and stop complaining
That ship has sailed and is fading into the horizon. I'm always amused by some in our fanbase who get the vapors because...<gasp>, "schools are paying recruits NIL and other monies. I'm shocked...shocked, I tell ya'", that's the case. The scoundrels have no shame! :rolleyes:
Sorry, NIL as excuse du jour is just a smokescreen. We're floundering and its mostly due to our HC who has left this program in limbo as to a succession plan or timeline. We need new blood, and new vision, and new momentum.
I'm sure JP is a good kid, but just a few seasons ago we wouldn't have been pulling our hair out because we lost him, to Tenn or anyone else.
The program is, in a word...TIRED. It's time for a change. Let JB announce this as his last year, and let's move on already. JMHO

As it should be too. I’ll keep this on JP but if you want info about LIV, lemme know lol. I’ll share some nice info

I’d love some info on liv but just to let you know, I hate liv and am a pga guy.

As it should be too. I’ll keep this on JP but if you want info about LIV, lemme know lol. I’ll share some nice info
This. Take the money and run - nobody’s throwing money at you when you’re 40 and out of the league (if you’re lucky). Adult life’s easier to navigate when you recognize it is indeed all about the money.

I’d love some info on liv but just to let you know, I hate liv and am a pga guy.
Oh me too. If there’s a golf thread somewhere on here let me know. Sorry JP and sorry mods. Just replying

This. Take the money and run - nobody’s throwing money at you when you’re 40 and out of the league (if you’re lucky). Adult life’s easier to navigate when you recognize it is indeed all about the money.

This thread needs a good derailing…

So if Hitler offered you $50m to promote his brand you’d take it?

If you could go back in time and kill baby Hitler, but he offered you 300 million if you could spend 30 million in 30 days would you do it?

This thread needs a good derailing…

So if Hitler offered you $50m to promote his brand you’d take it?
That snowboarding chick from California took less to basically do the same.

JP made his decision and have live with it. Hoping that the new magnificent seven will make such a difference that JP will vanish as another one who got away from Syracuse like Julius Hodge and faded into mediocrity.

i always stated that if a recruit goes to another school, it is a mistake on their part and a regret that we wasted time in recruiting him. While I wish him well, I really don’t care how he does.

So this kid knew where he would commit in June, and then proceeded to convince both SU and Iowa staff that he would go there. I went through an absolutle roller coaster on this recruitment, all after he knew what he would do.

So this kid knew where he would commit in June, and then proceeded to convince both SU and Iowa staff that he would go there. I went through an absolutle roller coaster on this recruitment, all after he knew what he would do.

Welcome to the world of recruiting.

Once you accept that you have no control over a teenager's decision making process, the rest is easy.

Oh the flood gates are open… i said right after nil was instituted that it would ruin parody in college sports… i am terribly pessimistic for the future. My motivations are selfish but it is, what it is…
“Parody” is college sports is alive and well, I tell ya. Right on this board daily!

JP also said he would be his coach for two years. That means three more years for JB. It sounds like it was never close. He was all Tenn. We have to up the level of our official visits. The BBQ’s at JB’s house is not getting it done.
He talked about the “buzz” he felt the moment he got on the UT campus. We need to do a better job to create that excitement on recruiting visits. But it’s too bad he didn’t visit Syracuse in September when the campus is full of buzz and excitement.

He talked about the “buzz” he felt the moment he got on the UT campus. We need to do a better job to create that excitement on recruiting visits. But it’s too bad he didn’t visit Syracuse in September when the campus is full of buzz and excitement.
Probably the same Buzz i feel when I get my year-end bonus….

I am going to try not to whine and complain anymore about the deterioration of the program. The reality is that we will be mediocre or below average and miss out on a lot of recruiting battles while Boeheim is still coaching. His age, stubbornness in style of play, lack of engagement, and the unknown as to how long he'll be around has devastated and brought down a once great program he helped to build. So, instead of being frustrated we all should just accept that the team will continue to flounder but will have a few high/surprising moments/games as in past seasons. When the coaching change happens, that will be the exciting time to see where do we go from that point. But, for now we are just trapped sitting and waiting in limbo.

Where’s Buzz Shaw when you need him

I am going to try not to whine and complain anymore about the deterioration of the program. The reality is that we will be mediocre or below average and miss out on a lot of recruiting battles while Boeheim is still coaching. His age, stubbornness in style of play, lack of engagement, and the unknown as to how long he'll be around has devastated and brought down a once great program he helped to build. So, instead of being frustrated we all should just accept that the team will continue to flounder but will have a few high/surprising moments/games as in past seasons. When the coaching change happens, that will be the exciting time to see where do we go from that point. But, for now we are just trapped sitting and waiting in limbo.
Maybe got the buzz when was given the nil envelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom