Class of 2016 - PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn

OrangeFever

Walk On
Wow, what a showboater. I LOVE IT! I have to say, there's a big part of me that misses the flashiness of the Flynn/Harris/Devo teams, so Gilbert would definitely be a fun one to see in Orange!

My initial impression was this kid reminds me of Jonny with his flair.

Tons of offers out to 2016 guards

JB must know something we don't when it comes to Battle

Tons of offers out to 2016 guards

JB must know something we don't when it comes to Battle
Yeah, maybe he is doing his due diligence and making sure we get a good guard recruit. My god What dude. If you put all your eggs and lose a recruiting battle you would be the first to sound the alarms. JB is working on making sure plan B and plan C are good options and you sound the alarms. ENOUGH. I am considered on the rough side with my opinions and you make me look like Tee with your constant negativity.

Yeah, maybe he is doing his due diligence and making sure we get a good guard recruit. My god What dude. If you put all your eggs and lose a recruiting battle you would be the first to sound the alarms. JB is working on making sure plan B and plan C are good options and you sound the alarms. ENOUGH. I am considered on the rough side with my opinions and you make me look like Tee with your constant negativity.
Then what am I?
:)

Maybe Super-Tee?
super_t.jpg

Kids got a lot of NYC swag to him, depite being from GA. Anyone seen this kid play? My concerns are his hight (not sure but looks like 6ft) and if he can shoot the ball at a decent percentage. I like his potential and ability to create. Agree with Orange4 if he is our third/fourth option its not bad, but I would much rather have any of Battle, Murray, Kobi first

Kids got a lot of NYC swag to him, depite being from GA. Anyone seen this kid play? My concerns are his hight (not sure but looks like 6ft) and if he can shoot the ball at a decent percentage. I like his potential and ability to create. Agree with Orange4 if he is our third/fourth option its not bad, but I would much rather have any of Battle, Murray, Kobi first
Height won't be an issue because we'll be playing some degree of Mtm by this point.

Janner said:

I need to check out his video again, but based solely on highlights, I like his shot. As Francis and others will confirm, it is hard to judge a kid based on highlights. But the kid is quick. I didn't see much left hand finishing at the hoop though. I like our tall guards, but I would go for a super quick pest on defense.

Kid breaks defenders ankles, picks pockets, has eyes in the back of his head and dishes like a 5 star chef. Whats not to like?:)
The fact I can't pronounce his name?

Awl-ter-Ike?

Awl-ter-eek.

Al-tear-eek?

Some other combo? Somebody help a brut ha pronounce a bad bad bad mans name!