Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Hmm… I’ve actually been feeling more bullish about Freeman lately. Yes he’s not Melo but he should be our most impactful freshman in a long time.
The bar is low.

Why did it become a mess and a dumpster fire? Why? Were those kids like that the prior season? We never heard a peep about any of those kids and attitude, locker and off court issues. Nothing except Bennies one time. But not everyone else. And a contributing factor to the issues this year was injuries. Fact.
Huh? This is an odd comment from someone who understands a lot of what’s going on with the basketball program. JB said last spring that Judah was a good kid but a very difficult player to coach. Benny had many issues his first two years.

I said it earlier when it was a "maybe"- will say it again now that it's definite.
Losing no sleep over the portal loss of one (checks notes) Dakota Lefew.
The way the NIL game is played now , there's no certainty about anyone's status until it's official
Not hating on the kid grabbing his bag either, that's now become par for the course. Cbb has become...this. It is, what it is. (sigh)

We’ll there goes the good will.

Pathetic all around with him being all but signed. And us having his coach.

Now was he actually that good? Idk probably equal to Hofstra kid. Not the end of the world.

Definite nut punch.

Quade Green says hello
Did Quade go out of his way to this extreme to humiliate us? Even got his old coach a new job in the process.

Luckily Quade was a far better player Hopkins had UW rolling big time until he lost Quade. This dudes an NEC combo guard that’s taken 4 years to become a decent D1 player and scorer.

Yes I do. I will tell you why. Because the coaches thought so. They really wanted the kid. That is good enough for me. Plus, I loved that he shot 37 and 38% from 3 his last two years. That would give us a couple of Bells. I wanted that. Plus, he had good size. Now, maybe he would have been a bust. I don't know. But I quickly sent my $100 that we agreed on.
The coaches wanted an SEC bottom feeder’s bench guard. Solid

Huh? This is an odd comment from someone who understands a lot of what’s going on with the basketball program. JB said last spring that Judah was a good kid but a very difficult player to coach. Benny had many issues his first two years.

They weren’t the only two and were worse this year by far.

Judging by some of the takes all over the basketball and recruiting forums lately, maybe a Tennessee Tech or IUPUI.
IMG_4170.jpeg

The coaches wanted an SEC bottom feeder’s bench guard. Solid

No- an SEC team with massive $$ overpaid for a player who we wanted and would be a great fit. They will go nowhere and not have a good plan for him but he goes back home and gets paid.

No- an SEC team with massive $$ overpaid for a player who we wanted and would be a great fit. They will go nowhere and not have a good plan for him but he goes back home and gets paid.
Well,

-the coaches wanted leffew
-Georgia is an SEC bottom feeder
-he’s going to be a backup guard.

Not sure where my comment was wrong

This overpaid narrative is just funny. Any player SU gets outbid on has to have been overpaid? Do you know how much he got paid?

So you are saying we underbid then? Is he worth a bidding war whatever that # actually is?

Or is this a coaching failure?

I'm not even saying anything about our offer. But everyone loves to claim players who we miss on have to have been overpaid by other schools when they know nothing about what they're getting.

In this case the smoke has been around this being a flat out play for $$ around this kids recruitment. This is the only one I’ve pointed to being about purely a kid overpaid based on everything we know about it. I agree it’s a cop out to call every loss about someone over paying. In this case I think it’s a fair point of view whether folks agree or disagree.

Not to mention the landing spot is a program with a lot of NIL resources that has done very little winning. Again certainly not saying us losing a kid is always the case of or has been in the past

Well,

-the coaches wanted leffew
-Georgia is an SEC bottom feeder
-he’s going to be a backup guard.

Not sure where my comment was wrong

Until the season starts you don’t know he will be a backup. That’s just conjecture. Plus $$ talks

In this case the smoke has been around this being a flat out play for $$ around this kids recruitment. This is the only one I’ve pointed to being about purely a kid overpaid based on everything we know about it. I agree it’s a cop out to call every loss about someone over paying. In this case I think it’s a fair point of view whether folks agree or disagree
I don't think anyone should call any player overpaid unless they know exactly how much they are making and what the market is for a player of their caliber. There is a difference between wanting to make the most money possible and being overpaid.

I don't think anyone should call any player overpaid unless they know exactly how much they are making and what the market is for a player of their caliber. There is a difference between wanting to make the most money possible and being overpaid.

I’d argue your last statement is a bit obvious- depends on whether you are the kid vs the program or supporters. That’s perspective. If you have the money and are willing to spend more than others on a kid that could be overpaying - maybe Leffew is all SEC first team and it’s a steal and I’ll be the first to admit being wrong.

If we faceplant filling out the roster then I’d also say sure we probably tossed out peanuts and were easy to beat for Leffews services.

On a separate note I do know what Mack’s camp was asking and would argue that if he got what they asked the Hoyas should be top 4 in the Big East to not have overpaid