Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

I have spent far too much time in my life in Lubbock. There is stupid money in West Texas. It’s a cute and somewhat believable story that it’s his dream school… but I just imagine there are other reason$$$$$

To me, this says it all. All these recruits want to be wanted by the head man.

Syracuse: “Syracuse is a really good school and I like their coach a lot. I talk to one of the assistants the most. We have a strong relationship and they’re one of the first high major schools to recruit me, which is big.”

UNC: “Coach Hubert Davis has been in contact with me for almost a year now. I like how it’s the head coach talking to me every week. It really shows me that I’m a priority for them. Also they’re a winning program and I like winning a lot. I know if I were to go there I’ll have elite players around me that would help us win.”

To me, this says it all. All these recruits want to be wanted by the head man.

Syracuse: “Syracuse is a really good school and I like their coach a lot. I talk to one of the assistants the most. We have a strong relationship and they’re one of the first high major schools to recruit me, which is big.”

UNC: “Coach Hubert Davis has been in contact with me for almost a year now. I like how it’s the head coach talking to me every week. It really shows me that I’m a priority for them. Also they’re a winning program and I like winning a lot. I know if I were to go there I’ll have elite players around me that would help us win.”
Or one of the “big boys”

Based on my chats with Adam yesterday, I don't think that is the case, at least as far as the commitment timelines moving up.
Unfortunately, if he was committing to Cuse, likely the only reason he would commit now before visiting would be if Adam's deal was about to expire so he had to take it now. It sounded like Adam was surprised Cadeau is moving up his commitment date, which tells me that's not the case.

Based on my chats with Adam yesterday, I don't think that is the case, at least as far as the commitment timelines moving up.
Curious. What was your thought process regarding the timing of releasing the news about AW's NIL offer?

Seems like that info would work against an SU commitment.

Perhaps the most important revelation here is that Adam’s offer appears to be for a player playing for whomever replaces JB.

Follow that?
Are you referring to the "3 year" comment in the news flash ? He could play a year, turn pro in 2024, and continue to do the charity/philanthropic work after leaving SU.

Elliot has an option to reclassify for 2023. Imagine he and Judah as the back court ! After that season both would declare for NBA and maybe JB retires.

Unfortunately, unless the AW NIL offer was at least $3 million I don't think we have a shot at him.

Are you referring to the "3 year" comment in the news flash ? He could play a year, turn pro in 2024, and continue to do the charity/philanthropic work after leaving SU.

Elliot has an option to reclassify for 2023. Imagine he and Judah as the back court ! After that season both would declare for NBA and maybe JB retires.

Unfortunately, unless the AW NIL offer was at least $3 million I don't think we have a shot at him.
Where are you getting the $3 million dollar number?

Adam asked me not to disclose a specific dollar amount, but I'll just say that his offer to Cadeau is in the ballpark of what you note here.

Curious. What was your thought process regarding the timing of releasing the news about AW's NIL offer?

Seems like that info would work against an SU commitment.
Not sure I follow your question. Adam told me yesterday that he made this offer to Cadeau, and I wrote about it!

Where are you getting the $3 million dollar number?
I thought I read somewhere that AW was going to pay a 5 star $1mm/yr x 3 yrs.

Its possible since Elliot is likely only playing a year of college b'ball that the other NIL is around the $2-4mm/yr and the deal is only for a year.

I actually think having both Elliot and Judah as our backcourt is worth a lot more than $3mm. Hopefully some of the other donors feel the same and can come up with a package offer to keep Judah here and Elliot sign-up for SU for 2023.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom