Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

I guess I can’t answer for him but the latest misses we’ve had for recruits…all have mentioned the HC in consistent communication with the recruits and its NEVER EVER including Jim. It’s our assistants. Always our assistants being called out. Jim hasn’t done this type of recruiting in a very very long time, since Hop was here and even then, he wasnt doing it. So to think he’s in consistent contact here..it’s very naive to think
This is 100% correct…coming directly from recruit’s mouths (and not based off articles I’ve read). They aren’t being pursued by the head coach at Syracuse like they are by the head coach at other schools. There is no other way to spin this, it’s as simple as that.

This is 100% correct…coming directly from recruit’s mouths. They aren’t being pursued by the head coach at Syracuse like they are by the head coach at other schools. There is no other way to spin this, it’s as simple as that.

JB won't be here in 2024-25.

However, the recruits are still being pursued by the guy who WILL be the HC in 2024.

That has to count for something?

So I see you took “I talk to the assistant most” to mean he NEVER talked to JB? That’s a pretty dumb assumption.
The difference is kids want to talk to the head coach. You guys have no clue how much our assistants talk to recruits and their players compared to the head coach. JB is the closer. He is not the starter. And as much as kids love the asst coaches, they want to feel important and that’s just not happening right now

Where did I say that? You made an unfounded comment, and I called you on it. Unlike you, I didn’t make an argument that I have no defense for and present it as a fact.
if you have been reading the recruiting threads for a while you would know there is more than one person that is kind enough to share what they hear from connections close to the program. Its hardly being pulled out of thin air here...come on now.

Just because there are things shared we don't like doesn't mean they are dumb and unfounded.

Just curious. How do you know that "JB didn’t even contact this kid"?
It's difficult to tell from the 247 report.

"In 247Sports last interview with Cadeau he broke down his top six schools."

We do not know when this interview took place.

"Syracuse: “Syracuse is a really good school and I like their coach a lot. I talk to one of the assistants the most. We have a strong relationship and they’re one of the first high major schools to recruit me, which is big.”

Elliot's comment does not exclude the possibility that he spoke with JB as well.

He said he talked to a SU assistant on a regular basis, but talked to Davis often. No mention of JB. I think back to when JB traveled to Latham almost weekly to watch Sam Perkins. Those days are long gone and the results are evident.
Perkins went to UNC !

No one wants to say the quiet part out loud:

This NIL stuff is gross and makes us look foolish with our numbers nakedly public.

Congress is needed here. Im sure im the minority but this whole process is kinda gross no matter that some will say it’s always happened.

This NIL stuff is gross and makes us look foolish with our numbers nakedly public.

Congress is needed here. Im sure im the minority but this whole process is kinda gross no matter that some will say it’s always happened.
Our recruiting sucks, so get congress involved.. . I think we should start with a new head coach first.

Our recruiting sucks, so get congress involved.. . I think we should start with a new head coach first.
Our recruiting is tied to money. If it always was then our bag men don’t like the public disclosure of cash payments

The whole thing is unseemly. If you don’t think so we fundamentally disagree. Not sure I can get angry at anyone on a kid who will spend a half semester in classes

No idea what politicians can do here that would hold up in court.

I wonder why the AW announcement coincided with Elliot's commitment event. Seems we would have wanted to keep that under the radar so other school's/NIL's would not take advantage of it.

I tried to find other NIL announcements regarding Elliot and came up with notta. If there are some out there please post the link.
Good question. I just happened to talk to Adam on Monday, he told me about the offer, and I wrote about it. If Adam had any intentions with the timing, he didn't share that with me :)

Guessing the combination of offers gets him above the 1 mil offer. Assuming he doesn't get that offer (which would be an embarrassing waste if he did).

The article says the total of all his NIL deals is high 5 figures.

The article was written and published
  • Updated: Apr. 27, 2022, 2:43 p.m.|
  • Published: Apr. 27, 2022, 10:35 a.m.
8+ months ago. Pretty sure there was NIL offered by various collectives involved in the college recruiting process. Read in various spots that one of SU's collectives offered a 3 year deal in the $3mm area.

If our offer was contingent on reclassifying to 2023, and if we could convince Judah to stay 1 more year, we would have an amazing backcourt - it would be fun to watch to say the least.

I hope we keep pursuing him and will see the Mintz-Cadeau show in 2023.

Last edited:

Yeah I read that and look at the article date as lax pointed out. It's hard to know what's what in this environment. AW put the offer out there and I haven't read anything since. Have you seen anything otherwise around that offer?

Yeah I read that and look at the article date as lax pointed out. It's hard to know what's what in this environment. AW put the offer out there and I haven't read anything since. Have you seen anything otherwise around that offer?
Have not.

The article was written and published
  • Updated: Apr. 27, 2022, 2:43 p.m.|
  • Published: Apr. 27, 2022, 10:35 a.m.
8+ months ago. Pretty sure there was NIL offered by various collectives involved in the college recruiting process. Read in various spots that one of SU's collectives offered a 3 year deal in the $3mm area.

Where did you read that $3m offer?

That article was written in April 2022, when he was a high school sophomore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom