Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

That is not what you said. You said individual events, on their own, propelled them to 1st round picks.
There are hundreds of buzzer beater each year. There are many great individual performances in the NCAA each year.
It's a single moment or game that inspires further research by the scouts. Therefore a single moment or game can propel someone in to the first round.

Carey doesn't get to play with Bazley if goes to UConn. Who cares about anything else?! There won't be any top 5 guys at UConn.

Top 5 as in draft board? Collegiate players? If Adams and Larrier leave after this year then your statement is most likely accurate but if either one come back they'll be amongst the top players in the country. Plus, while Bazley is a great recruit not sure what you mean by top 5 in regards to him.

Guys like Flynn, Ennis and Richardson were propelled into the first round by a single game. Flynn was the 6 overtime game, Ennis the game winner against Pitt and Malachi the elite 8 game against Virginia. That is what exposure provides, and Syracuse has it. UConn doesn't anymore. They have four recent championships, which is amazing, but the future isn't as bright.
I disagree with this. The NBA doesn't make draft decisions based on a single game. The exposure in prime time, high pressure games definitely helps in making their case or opening eyes to players' potential, but I don't agree that one game is all it takes. All 3 of those guys were very good players with athleticism, great instincts and oozing potential. As for UConn, yes, SU offers way better exposure. being in the AAC hurts UConn big time. The conference has like 4-5 good programs or programs with potential (UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, and SMU), but the rest are middling to terrible. The ACC is stacked with powerhouse programs. The ACC's middle tier is as good or better than their top tier.

That shot brought him to the forefront. It didn't make him a better player but the exposure brought him more attention.
Ennis was getting a lot of attention before that shot. He was being talked about as one of the 5-6 most impactful freshman in the country.

Carey doesn't get to play with Bazley if goes to UConn. Who cares about anything else?! There won't be any top 5 guys at UConn.
This, this this. The opportunity to play with Bazeley and to play in the best league, the ACC, should seal the deal.

I literally can't stand scrolling through pages of nonsense with nobody talking about Carey lol
I would assume we won't hear anything about how the visit was until he leaves - I also would probably not expect a commitment this weekend as Carey stated before that he wants to make all his visits.

I can't believe JB hasn't taken 5 from visiting the prized recruit to update this board. This must be a bad sign...

tumblr_mg9zoibpqX1rso9d7o1_400.gif

c50H7m

Just curious, can we talk about Carey? This is a Carey thread right? Start a new SU vs UCONNVICTS discussion on the basketball board. I'm sure I will get bashed, but I come to this thread to see how his visit etc is going. Not about a irrelevant AAC team.

Just did a live video and said a couple of things.
-He said may take the Kansas and Villanova trips probably for fun, but doesn't see himself playing in the Big East.
-Doesn't like Seton Hall, and said the latest he'll commit is by his birthday which is October 10th or around that date.

Last edited:
Just did a live video and said a couple of things.
-He said may take the Kansas and Villanova trips probably for fun, but doesn't see himself playing in the Big East.
-Doesn't like Seton Hall, and said the latest he'll commit is by his birthday which is October 10th.
I don't suppose there's a way to see it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom