Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
History says it is wise to listen to what dasher says about where recruits might be headed.

I hope JJ does well there. Sounds like he wanted to be 'the man' more than he wanted to win or prepare for pro ball. He will get his wish at ND.
Wouldn't JJ be "the man" at Syracuse? Buddy will be gone and we need a new #1 option. Seems to fit JJ.

This is trending the right way? Every prediction has gone to Notre dame. When was the last time every analyst had a prospect going one place and were wrong and he ended up at Cuse?
I would say its not trending in the wrong direction seeing as though no one knows anything because of how close the family has kept things. Not sure I'd say it's trending in the right direction though. Wonder if he's going to keep everyone in the dark until the actual decision or if times gets closer to the announcement if he will let the coaches know and the picture gets clearer. Gotta give the family credit for doing it like this...kinda refreshing.

I mean “other than it’s top flight academic reputation” it’s a dumpster fire school
We might not like them as competitors etc but ‘dumpster fire school’ is far from the truth. They sadly far outrank us academically, always have a competitive football program (it’s sure big happy news here and elsewhere when they aren’t a contender for a top flight bowl) and have a mediocre basketball program. They have an overall acceptance rate of 18.4% in 2021 so attracting top students certainly isn’t an issue. Love ‘em or hate em, like it or not, they are far from a dumpster fire school. That said, sure wish JJ had chosen SU - JJ will be competing for time with 2 highly ranked current hometown freshman guards at Notre Dame too. Will be interesting how all that shakes out too. ND currently has a very heavy guard laden roster too. Men's Basketball

We might not like them as competitors etc but ‘dumpster fire school’ is far from the truth. They sadly far outrank us academically, always have a competitive football program (it’s sure big happy news here and elsewhere when they aren’t a contender for a top flight bowl) and have a mediocre basketball program. They have an overall acceptance rate of 18.4% in 2021 so attracting top students certainly isn’t an issue. Love ‘em or hate em, like it or not, they are far from a dumpster fire school. That said, sure wish JJ had chosen SU - JJ will be competing for time with 2 highly ranked current hometown freshman guards at Notre Dame too. Will be interesting how all that shakes out too. ND currently has a very heavy guard laden roster too. Men's Basketball
So its for sure? "Sure wish JJ had chosen SU"

Wouldn't JJ be "the man" at Syracuse? Buddy will be gone and we need a new #1 option. Seems to fit JJ.
If Benny comes back for his sophomore year, he would likely be "the man". But, that would also mean we would have a killer team. And, the number two option for a really good Syracuse team would get much more attention than the number one on a crappy ND team. The only ND players that get attention are the big, burly, white, disfigured looking dudes they always seem to have.

This is always the case and it has been confirmed that I know it is not any school right now. There has been no confirmation of another school to the coaching staff as of noon. Just so you guys know. I’m always told if it’s another school so that’s a great sign. This is trending the right way...
Free tacos at los pollos hermanos on me today for the whole board if JJ picks SU LFGO!!!

I think JJ would eventually be the man at SU too. But we probably have a better roster/more talent than ND does. I doubt JJ, or any frosh, comes in and becomes the focus on the Syracuse offense from day one.

I could see that happening for ND. Just my opinion.

If Benny comes back for his sophomore year, he would likely be "the man". But, that would also mean we would have a killer team. And, the number two option for a really good Syracuse team would get much more attention than the number one on a crappy ND team. The only ND players that get attention are the big, burly, white, disfigured looking dudes they always seem to have.

I literally LOL'd at this.

fox tv GIF by Last Man Standing

I would say its not trending in the wrong direction seeing as though no one knows anything because of how close the family has kept things. Not sure I'd say it's trending in the right direction though. Wonder if he's going to keep everyone in the dark until the actual decision or if times gets closer to the announcement if he will let the coaches know and the picture gets clearer. Gotta give the family credit for doing it like this...kinda refreshing.

I think everybody is confused because:

1] JJ is clearly factoring other considerations into his decision beyond just basketball
2] He's a terrific student, which is why some of the schools on his list made the cut [again, beyond basketball]
3] His family hasn't leaked information and has avoided turning this into a media circus

1] JJ is clearly factoring other considerations into his decision beyond just basketball
2] He's a terrific student, which is why some of the schools on his list made the cut [again, beyond basketball]
3] His family hasn't leaked information and has avoided turning this into a media circus

Good point. Much more in play here.

Every kid has his own reasons for choosing a school. I am good with that. But, I reserve the right to be selfish, petty and childish when he does not to choose the school of which I am a fan.

I think JJ would eventually be the man at SU too. But we probably have a better roster/more talent than ND does. I doubt JJ, or any frosh, comes in and becomes the focus on the Syracuse offense from day one.

I could see that happening for ND. Just my opinion.

A la Chris Thomas minus having Humphrey

I’m just keep trying to tell myself that at the end of the day, Syracuse will be in better shape without JJ, then ND will be with him.

We always try to talk ourselves into the outcome we desire around here...its like how people always say the crystal ball stuff is pointless yet it usually turns out correct more often then not.

Stop. It isn't hard to be "correct" when they change their answers every time the wind blows.

Remember Nerlens Noel? One of the crystal ball writers with a great % track record changed his answer three times to three different schools the day Noel announced. Eventually, he got the final prediction "right," but it demonstrates that these guys are often spit balling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom