Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at his offer list:
Syracuse
Wake
NC State
Pitt
LSU
Florida
Tennessee
Maryland
Penn St

Maybe he doesn’t want to play on the big stage? Maybe he's comfortable just doing community theater.
If Cuse “lost” him, doesn’t that imply that we had him? Did all those other schools lose him as well? If so, there’s worse company to be in.

I'll be incredibly literal and say JB was referencing a five man class:

1986 - DC, Stevie, Roe, Hughes, Duncan
2001 - Billy E, Forth, HAK, Pace, Mark K
2007 - Flynn, Donte, Jackson, Scoop, Sean Williams
Actually the 1986 was a 6 man class, with Eric Rogers, only 5 were eligible, as Duncan was a greyshirt back then.

Actually the 1986 was a 6 man class, with Eric Rogers, only 5 were eligible, as Duncan was a greyshirt back then.

Rule # 1:
JB says things. :rolleyes:

Ima say, if the entire class, both individually & collectively is “under the radar” and not at all highly rated -

Then, by definition, it isn’t his best class ever.

Refer to Rule # 1.

The city and surrounding area are fine and underappreciated. Take your recycled punchlines somewhere else.
You think the city is fine? 25% building vacancy rate downtown, top 5 highest crime rate per capita in the country, terrible and outdated plumbing and electrical infrastructure, crumbling bridges, rampant drug problems. None of those things scream “fine” to me. If anything the city is over appreciated and that’s why year after year nothing gets done to solve these problems. You can’t walk around armory square without getting harassed by the homeless, and you can’t walk around anywhere else without fear of getting robbed. Cars around campus are broken into every night, armed robbery alerts seemingly go out daily as well.

Sure, there are nice suburbs like Fayetteville, Manlius, Pompey, and Dewitt. But then you also have areas like Clay, North Syracuse and Fulton who have a host of their own problems that are only getting worse.

Punchlines get recycled because they are true, and starling, and probably Judah as well, are aware of that.

SU student life is 99% on the hill, not down in the city. They're coming for the University experience, not to invest in real estate.
Campus isn’t much better. Get yourself on the campus crime alert system from SUPD, it’s enlightening and frightening at the same time. Almost daily car breakins and armed robberies. It’s no wonder the university is trying to insulate themselves.

You think the city is fine? 25% building vacancy rate downtown, top 5 highest crime rate per capita in the country, terrible and outdated plumbing and electrical infrastructure, crumbling bridges, rampant drug problems. None of those things scream “fine” to me. If anything the city is over appreciated and that’s why year after year nothing gets done to solve these problems. You can’t walk around armory square without getting harassed by the homeless, and you can’t walk around anywhere else without fear of getting robbed. Cars around campus are broken into every night, armed robbery alerts seemingly go out daily as well.

Sure, there are nice suburbs like Fayetteville, Manlius, Pompey, and Dewitt. But then you also have areas like Clay, North Syracuse and Fulton who have a host of their own problems that are only getting worse.

Punchlines get recycled because they are true, and starling, and probably Judah as well, are aware of that.
1- these issues are in every city in America - maybe you need to get out more.

2- Judah couldn’t care less about all of those things. DePaul is $peaking hi$ language. We’re not. End of story.

You do realize that DePaul is in Chicago. I can’t even with the rest of your post.

I was going to say that. Chicago has some big issues of its own!
Chicago is a real city lol it has problems like NYC and Boston have problems, that’s very different than Syracuse. The fact you guys would even think that’s a good point to make shows the divide between people who have left and lived in other cities, and those who hear about them via news stories.

1- these issues are in every city in America - maybe you need to get out more.

2- Judah couldn’t care less about all of those things. DePaul is $peaking hi$ language. We’re not. End of story.
Having actually lived in the large cities, I think it’s pretty obvious what the differences are, perhaps you need to get out if you think syracuse and Chicago are comparable.

And I’m sure NIL is the main driver (which I’ve commented on as well) but just like JB and the Zone the city is not an asset when it comes to picking up top players, it is a liability that needs to be overcome.

Chi town is A real bad city. My friend can’t sell his condo. His best offer has been10% of the value .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom