Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting prospect. Does make you wonder if it speaks to something with our current backcourt if this was serious.
JB said in that interview that he has been lacking in the recruiting. Maybe he finally sees that we lack the athletes to compete and he has asked our coaches to go out and get us another athlete, especially in the back court to make sure we always have enough quality bodies

Re: Buddy, can't imagine they target what would be a 5th guard if Buddy was in fact coming back.

Referring to the idea some have suggested that it's still a possibility

Wasn’t just someone. It was an insider. That said Buddy would look better next to a true PG like Mintz.

I don’t think we would be overstating that this would be a huge get, but it also makes me wonder about Copeland.
Might be more about Joe

I don’t think we would be overstating that this would be a huge get, but it also makes me wonder about Copeland.
Copeland needs time to develop; Mintz is more ready to contribute from year 1. Also that would allow Joe to move to his more natural 2 guard spot.

That Zoom call took place on Sunday with the Syracuse coaching staff.

"Coach Red was on it, coach Boeheim, coach G-Mac," Mintz said. "Basically they were saying how I could come in and make an impact. My ability to get in the paint and score is something that they're going to need next year. They already have a really good class coming in and they think I can make a difference."

Status
Not open for further replies.