Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This better get JG3 off the ball for the majority of every game.

25-30 mpg for Mintz PG
10-15 mpg Symir
JG3 for 30ish at SG, Mintz for the rest or Taylor spot minutes up top.
Taylor will have to play F, but with Swider iffy, that is a necessity.

If JB actually plays the players to their strengths, this could be a tourney team next year. I think D and rebounding will still be a major problem, but we should get far more athletic.
Might not be a major problem. I imagine that Benny and Mintz will be big upgrades on defense over Jimmy and Buddy.

Just imagine that if this thread was locked, as some wanted, we would have missed out on all of this fun!
Haha, I was hoping for locked status at least a few times today. Now, I'm cooking up some Angel's Envy, might move onto a single malt scotch, then crack open the Pinot if I have room. More likely is pass out after my first scotch.

This better get JG3 off the ball for the majority of every game.

25-30 mpg for Mintz PG
10-15 mpg Symir
JG3 for 30ish at SG, Mintz for the rest or Taylor spot minutes up top.
Taylor will have to play F, but with Swider iffy, that is a necessity.

If JB actually plays the players to their strengths, this could be a tourney team next year. I think D and rebounding will still be a major problem, but we should get far more athletic.
With Symir and Mintz, baring injury Joe should never be the primary ball handler. I have no problem with him bringing up the ball with one of the two on the court with him, but we have the horses to keep Joe at the position where he can be successful.

Might not be a major problem. I imagine that Benny and Mintz will be big upgrades on defense over Jimmy and Buddy.

Great call on this Dash. Always love hearing from those with connections...even if sometimes the news isn't great.

In this case, its awesome and we have the makings of a pretty good guard rotation and team next year.

Now its time to wait on Cole! He would be a huge piece of the puzzle and really benefit from penetrating guards.

Cuse!

With Symir and Mintz, baring injury Joe should never be the primary ball handler. I have no problem with him bringing up the ball with one of the two on the court with him, but we have the horses to keep Joe at the position where he can be successful.
I believe Joe also wants this. He’d never say it publicly though.

Yep. And Joe as a 2G is capable of finding the open man naturally vs having to as a PG. He could still average a few assists a game.

Yep. And Joe as a 2G is capable of finding the open man naturally vs having to as a PG.
Two guys who can handle the ball and pass is a must. We can’t be getting eaten up by presses.

Buddy was a great player, but you need a SF who can handle like a guard(Hughes) to offset the lack of ball handling he brings.

Hoping our roster pieces will compliment each other a lot better next year.

Now we got our PG. Hell yeah. Next year can actually be good potentially. Hell yeah.

This shouldn't hurt Cope too much. Mintz probably won't be here too long and Cope can possibly take over when he leaves.
Copeland and Mintz can play together as long as they have enough shooting at forward. They can hit enough to keep em honest, I think.

I think we have

Girard 37
Mintz 28
Torrence 15
Copeland BGIE

Next year will be Copeland's year, unless he really shocks everybody this year. But if everything else fails, I like Copeland way better than a walk-on as our fourth guard.

Last edited:
Joe off the ball ready to score, while helping as a secondary ball handler is so ideal. Can’t wait. Will make him/us so much more dangerous.
We’ve had several natural 2-guards who were forced into playing primarily point in the senior years… GMac for one. It will be nice to see Joe have a chance to be at his best spot… as you said, off the ball with a lot of opportunity to handle it too.

I think the Mintz comparisons to a better scoring Ennis are spot on. He can shoot it, is very efficient and quick getting into the lane and has good vision and more importantly all around vision. He clearly can put a ton of pressure on a defense. What that does for our returning guys and the frosh that do play is key. Benny is a big time athlete. That capability was something his struggles hindered some but also due to the lack of a true lead guard who can get his teammates easy points.

Its amazing what you can unlock when you find that key piece. Now you add Symir, a bulldog of a backup PG and a guy who could play with a number of different combinations and you really start to see a team come together that looks a lot more like SU.

The biggest key to me is still Cole. He knows the system, made the jump to being a more prominent scorer and expanded his game. He also proved he can hit the boards and is a floor burn guy plus a real leader.

Copeland and Mintz can play together as long as they have enough shooting at forward. They can hit enough to keep em honest, I think.

I think we have

Girard 37
Mintz 28
Torrence 15
Copeland BGIE

Next year will be Copeland's year, unless he really shocks everybody this year. But I'd everything else fails, I like Copeland way better than a walk-on as our fourth guard.

Copeland needs a year to learn. He hopefully can get a chance to help out at times but mainly in practice. He has a high ceiling and could be ready to roll next year for sure. Practice should be super competitive and high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom