Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

Clearly SU wants another impactful guard. I assume if they don't get Mintz, they get someone that might be more ready to contribute in the portal. Who knows, they may be talking with someone now and holding off until his decision is made.

So if we pull this out, how long until the NCAA investigators are inquiring about recruiting shenanigans?
They’re always looking, I doubt it would take a recruiting win to get (another) knock on the orange door

Hopefully there is some great Orange representation and a few more meth balls dropping in our favor.
METH balls? Oh great, another scandal for us, lol

Seriously, going to be on pins/needles today. And very happy it is today and not April 1. I don't know if we could emotionally handle the combo of news and April fools

I said it yesterday. If the kid chooses hes cuse. His surroundings have said DePaul but not once has he given an inclination. He’s been cuse since his visit.

Do we want to know now or build up to the decision is the bigger question? Lol

I said it yesterday. If the kid chooses hes cuse. His surroundings have said DePaul but not once has he given an inclination. He’s been cuse since his visit.

Do we want to know now or build up to the decision is the bigger question? Lol
I think this is maybe why sometimes the staff “gets it wrong” or “overvalued our chances”.

If we are mostly in contact with the kid and knows how much he likes us, we probably feel good because it’s coming straight from him. But at the end of the parent is the one deciding, maybe it makes sense why it happens to the staff

Hope I’m wrong, but I’m not expecting good news tomorrow.

I’d rather have mom than dad, and I’d rather have the handlers instead of the kid. We’re on the wrong side of both here it seems.

The list of kids we’ve felt good about the night before….and lost, is long.

These just aren’t the types of battles we win. We get kids early and hold on, we don’t swoop in late and prevail.

There’s a reason for that if you think about it…and it’s not bad.
So what actually happens in some of these recruitments that give the handlers so much power? (Not saying this is Judah’s situation.) Do they invest monetarily in a kid and pay for his workouts, travel, housing on the road, basketball skill development, etc? And then the family feels obligated to return the favor by going to the school of their choosing? And the handler is being paid by an assistant coach like Bino Ranson to do his bidding? Do I have this right?

I think this is maybe why sometimes the staff “gets it wrong” or “overvalued our chances”.

If we are mostly in contact with the kid and knows how much he likes us, we probably feel good because it’s coming straight from him. But at the end of the parent is the one deciding, maybe it makes sense why it happens to the staff
Then the coaches are getting cozy with the wrong people. It’s business, not personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom