Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuse'91 said:
Starting five next year whether Green comes or not - Pg: FH Sg: TB Sf: ? Pf: TL C: TT

Chukwu at the 5, TT at the 4 and Moyer at the 3.

If Battle leaves, a transfer at the 2.

We were lucky he came back this year.

Agreed. That's why it makes no sense why we never went hard after wings like lonnie walker and Kimani Lawrence from the start. Randolph going to Zona and Tucker's issues are just as big of a blow as green.

There's few players left at the Syracuse talent level in this class, and if there is, we are way behind with them. Everybody keeps saying we will be fine, and I'm sure we can find some decent transfers, but 2017 isn't going to provide us impact talent anyway you spin it.

Me after pretty much every recent Dasher post...

dawsoncrying.gif

Agreed. That's why it makes no sense why we never went hard after wings like lonnie walker and Kimani Lawrence from the start. Randolph going to Zona and Tucker's issues are just as big of a blow as green.

There's few players left at the Syracuse talent level in this class, and if there is, we are way behind with them. Everybody keeps saying we will be fine, and I'm sure we can find some decent transfers, but 2017 isn't going to provide us impact talent anyway you spin it.
We did go hard after Walker. He wasn't all that interested.

Ok after spending the last hour and a half catching up on this thread I'm going to bed. I'll just have to rinse and repeat the process tomorrow morning and catch back up.

Cusefan0307 said:
Agreed. That's why it makes no sense why we never went hard after wings like lonnie walker and Kimani Lawrence from the start. Randolph going to Zona and Tucker's issues are just as big of a blow as green. There's few players left at the Syracuse talent level in this class, and if there is, we are way behind with them. Everybody keeps saying we will be fine, and I'm sure we can find some decent transfers, but 2017 isn't going to provide us impact talent anyway you spin it.

It was fairly evident a month or so ago, maybe even earlier than that, that this class might not unfold the way we hoped.

There's probably a number of reasons but it seems we targeted a number of players who weren't enamored with SU. They had us in the mix, but weren't ready to commit for various reasons.

We should have had 2-3 recruits by early October. When that didn't happen, we found ourselves here.

It was fairly evident a month or so ago, maybe even earlier than that, that this class might not unfold the way we hoped.

There's probably a number of reasons but it seems we targeted a number of players who weren't enamored with SU. They had us in the mix, but weren't ready to commit for various reasons.

We should have had 2-3 recruits by early October. When that didn't happen, we found ourselves here.
Not only that, but green could have helped us with a verbal months ago. He didn't. it seemed that while he was ours, he was never ready to tell the world. Like he was waiting for something better.

Ok after spending the last hour and a half catching up on this thread I'm going to bed. I'll just have to rinse and repeat the process tomorrow morning and catch back up.
Remember the days when you had to go out to the bars on a Tuesday night just because you didn't want to miss something really cool? Same thing. Gotta hang.

iommi said:
A winner on the predicted positions and role. A winning team, not so much.

Yeah, barring a few surprises, it's probably a subpar season.

We needed 2-3 studs in this class. Probably not in the cards.

Not only that, but green could have helped us with a verbal months ago. He didn't. it seemed that while he was ours, he was never ready to tell the world. Like he was waiting for something better.
waiting? he had Duke and uk offers for months

Off topic: Gilbert may be out at UConn for quite some time. Just injured his shoulder against Loyola.

I think TT will be a star. I bet we are very good by the time we have the team we are going to have next year.
Agree!! Easily the best low post out to 15ft offensive freshman we've ever had!
Edit: other than DC1

yeah, he did. But I just had a feeling something was off. The coaches wanted him to announce and he just wouldn't. Why?
my theory is becoming - he ultimately decided he needed to be part of a class of other studs, SU doesn't have that for him (yet?)

Yes, you've been on this for a while. And you're right, this class is looking FUGLY. No way to spin it. We can talk about having faith in the staff but it's looking like we need to hit a gutshot on the river to make this class great. I'm not crazy about those odds.

Yes, you've been on this for a while. And you're right, this class is looking FUGLY. No way to spin it. We can talk about having faith in the staff but it's looking like we need to hit a gutshot on the river to make this class great. I'm not crazy about those odds.
Correct - the incoming HS class will be far short of what we expected, but no one expected White or Gillon a year ago either.

Status
Not open for further replies.