Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so let me get this straight...Dude was going to announce on saturday...got wind that there was a leak about him committing to SU..so in order to Re-create suspense for his announcement, this QG to kentucky rumor is set in motion by his camp?
I only have one thing to say to this. GENIUS

Whenever there's a lot of drama with a kid...we don't get him. When kids choose SU they know it all along. Kids that have a huge ego and feel like they have to validate themselves by going to the "elite" factory like UK, KU, Duke are not the kids we're going to get. Sucks after having invested 2 years recruiting Green. Sucks that he would go just as high in the draft coming out of SU. But what will really suck is if he ends up a backup behind Trae Young. Then we can all smile and nod. Meanwhile we have Frank Howard next year (don't see him leaving early) and we can get a 5th year free agent if need be. We'll get a good PG in the 2018 class. We survived not getting Kenny Anderson and Stephon Marbury after we thought we had them. We'll survive Quade Green too.

Of course you'll survive if he picks UK. Cuse is a top notch program and I myself consider them elite, sorry that you do not include them in that category. But to say that he has an ego if he chooses UK, Duke, or KU is ridiculous. You can't say that about kids that have chosen UK in the past, at least not with any credibility. I would argue that it's exactly the opposite and kids that choose UK don't have an ego and want to play with other great players. They want to sacrifice PT and shots to develop and get better. Kentucky isn't for everyone and you have to be that hard working, humble, unselfish player if you want to come here and succeed. You can throw shade on Calipari for his past regressions but how can you criticize the players that he has brought in while at Kentucky? Towns, Davis, Wall, Jones, Ulis, Knight, Cousins....ok, well scratch Boogie off that list cause he can be a nutcase. They're quality kids. You don't throw shade at your players for stuff that JB did, do ya? I didn't think so. The players that have the ego are the ones like Malik Newman who go to a school just to play a ton and score alot. They want to be "The Man" in the program. You can't do that here and Quade would be no different. If he chooses us or you guys tomorrow, both are quality programs and in all honestly, he would succeed at both places. Both programs are capable of pushing him to success. It won't be a choice made because he has an ego, I can tell you that.

And I highly doubt Young comes if we do get Quade. He will likely go to OU, possibly even if we miss on Quade. Players want to play with Green and you don't quite hear that with Trae. There are some rumors that the staff may have gotten 2 LOI on Wednesday. Speculation is going crazy on who that may be and it very well may be false too. Never know.

If the Kid chooses UK then you have to respect it as a wise business decision. Say what you will about him being able to be a Lottery pick anywhere but the evidence supports the fact that the odds of him being a lottery pick are higher at UK more so than they are at Syracuse.

If you are a 5* player with the potential to a be a OAD and either UK or Duke is offering you, it doesn't matter who has been courting you for the past 2 years, you listen. Cal and Coach K are the only two who have shown the propensity to never screw up your chances of making it to the league and getting guaranteed money.

Many in this thread have cited the twins, but where are they now? Plenty of people said that they weren't NBA material and they both have contracts, doing well for themselves and they have both Credited Cal for his guidance.

Cal has taken players who would have never gotten a sniff at the league and has turned them into professional BB players. If you listen to almost every player who has come through UK they have all said the same thing, that being at UK prepared them for the league. The fans, the coaches and the spotlight that they receive playing at UK is in some cases more intense than what they will face in the NBA, so their transition to the league is an easier one.

Honestly, when you have 25+ players in the league with guaranteed contracts it speaks volumes. If Cal or anyone associated with the school or him were paying kids in any way it would have been found out by now. There is so much scrutiny on UK it isn't funny (For example: Tyler Ulis met a rapper backstage one evening and it was blown out of proportion and UK had to self report it... That Rapper? It was Drake, someone who Tyler already knew so it wasn't an improper benefit, just a friendship...).

My question is, Why would Cal have to pay these kids? All he has to do is show up and call any number of NBA All-stars and let the parents talk with them. The math is easy, Cal gets these kids ready by promising them a year of hard work and extreme effort and he will get them where they want to go. No other coach has the ability to promise that, not even K.

Like I said in an earlier post, I will feel bad for you all if he does in fact choose UK, but that doesn't mean that it isn't the correct choice. As a possible OAD, I'm not sure how he makes any other choice and considers himself fiscally responsible.

Cal doesn't develop pros, he recruits them. He cycles through more top talent than any other program, so of course he is going to have more players in the league. But he works with the top guys for what - 9 months? He didn't create John Wall or Cousins or Davis - he offers a quick pit stop before the league with some perks, and doesn't apologize for it. He's the shadiest in a shady system. He is good at what he does, but what he does is NOT development.

Kentucky isn't for everyone and you have to be that hard working, humble, unselfish player
Sorry but that program is built on selfishness. Is that a bad thing? That's for you to decide. The HC is most selfish of all. Most UK fans can't see that but it's glaringly obvious from the outsider's perspective.

he is ORANGE !!!!! the misinformation? IT WAS GOING TO BE SPOILED BEFORE SATURDAY AND THEY JUST MANAGED NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!
giphy.gif

This is amazing. Are you quadrupling down now? I dare you, just dare you, to quintuple down. God bless you if you're right, but at this point, for me, there's just too much info going the other way to expect Green to land here. If it turns out that way, that'll be a very unexpected but happy end to pretty wild ride. Either way, I salute you for your rosy outlook, and appreciate you offering whatever info. you have.

Are you going to double-dog dare him to quintuple down? :p

Ok, so let me get this straight...Dude was going to announce on saturday...got wind that there was a leak about him committing to SU..so in order to Re-create suspense for his announcement, this QG to kentucky rumor is set in motion by his camp?
I only have one thing to say to this. GENIUS
Quade could have asked the coaches and staff not to leak at all, which hopefully explains why dasher/jake are so pessimistic

Also, gilardino a few pages back has said he's Cuse as well, and he's had a pretty solid history here...

Ran into a former player last night. He mentioned to me how all the former players are texting each other and r ticked about losing green. So I don't know comrades

Ran into a former player last night. He mentioned to me how all the former players are texting each other and r ticked about losing green. So I don't know comrades

Thanks man. You still hearing anything positive?

ouch :( game over boys pack it up

Whenever I get a notification that an insider has posted in this thread..

Ahhh yea, what's good, what's good, what's good!? Popcorn

Once I actually read the insiders post...

Correct, but he also got ostracized and was sent to coaching purgatory for years after snitching. Only after proving himself a more than capable coach was he allowed back in the fraternity years later

I was just giving an example of someone whose gon snitchin

My thoughts: The idea of Quade changing his mind to Kentucky swept through a few "analysts" and their "predictions" causing all others to think he was slipping away. Group think is a real thing. His choice never changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.