Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
ancient-aliens-1.png

Epic hair halo that grows with each alien story

@AdamZagoria
If @shaiglalex commits to UK, it would have implications for other PGs like Quade Green &Trae Young but UK will likely need several guards.

@AdamZagoria
They need multiple guards and are pitching 'positionless' basketball, but of course other guards would notice a commitment.

Last edited:

@AdamZagoria
If @shaiglalex commits to UK, it would have implications for other PGs like Quade Green &Trae Young but UK will likely need several guards.

@AdamZagoria
They need multiple guards and are pitching 'positionless' basketball, but of course other guards would notice a commitment.

So now Zagoria is publicly using Cal's recruiting talking points. Put that man on staff!

Last edited:

@AdamZagoria

@AdamZagoria
Writing is on the wall here. This thing is OVAH...

frank howard will be in cuse

Baffling to me how people continue to make those comments about Kentucky having other guards to share the ball with and just not even acknowledging that Frank is going to be coming off a 35 start sophomore year at the point.

Baffling to me how people continue to make those comments about Kentucky having other guards to share the ball with and just not even acknowledging that Frank is going to be coming off a 35 start sophomore year at the point.
Did you see the game Tuesday? Not good for FH.

in the end i think Gillon is going to start, not Frank.

Did you see the game Tuesday? Not good for FH.

Saw him score 10 pts in 20 mins during a fairly meaningless preseason game that was their 1st live action against other players in 7 months. Gillon may very well prove to be the superior player & start but seems like more of an off the bench offensive spark for a 2nd unit to me than a full time starter getting 30 mins.

in the end i think Gillon is going to start, not Frank.

frank will be in for defense, gillons height is a big liability in the zone and that is why we are practicing man

gillon will be in for offense and always at the end of the game for his ability to attack draw fouls and his FT abilities.

im put money frank gets a bit more of the timeshare then gillon - 22/18

frank will be in for defense, gillons height is a big liability in the zone and that is why we are practicing man

gillon will be in for offense and always at the end of the game for his ability to attack draw fouls and his FT abilities.

im put money frank gets a bit more of the timeshare then gillon - 22/18

I think it will be more like 25-15 in favor of Gillon. If not more.

I'd agree with RF it'll be more like 25-15. JB will lean on the kid who he trusts more to make the right decisions as a PG. That'll be Gillon. Too much experience.

That said, Frank could very well start and then come right out of the game 2 minutes later.

And while Gillon's height might be a liability at the top of the zone, we've had short pg's before like Johnny Flynn. Gillons quickness, his hands, his anticipation might even it out.

I'd agree with RF it'll be more like 25-15. JB will lean on the kid who he trusts more to make the right decisions as a PG. That'll be Gillon. Too much experience.

That said, Frank could very well start and then come right out of the game 2 minutes later.

And while Gillon's height might be a liability at the top of the zone, we've had short pg's before like Johnny Flynn. Gillons quickness, his hands, his anticipation might even it out.

I agree. I think we look at this in way too black and white a fashion. Is a 6'5" PG good in the zone? Sure, but he still has to be able to play the point effectively. You don't sit Sherman Douglas because he's a few inches shorter than the reserve playing behind him who might look better up top in the zone.

I agree. I think we look at this in way too black and white a fashion. Is a 6'5" PG good in the zone? Sure, but he still has to be able to play the point effectively. You don't sit Sherman Douglas because he's a few inches shorter than the reserve playing behind him who might look better up top in the zone.

Need to see more to be sure. I said this jokingly in the game thread, but Kaleb Joseph looked like a one and done in exhibition play 2 years ago.

I'm not sold on Frank not being able to play based upon one exhibition game against zone, as he started to produce at the end of last year. He had 12 assists to 5 turnovers in limited action in postseason play.

Please don't use Flynn as a comparison if you are trying to get me excited about Gillon's D at the top of the zone.

I'm sick of all this Green might go to UK talk. I get it but I want to feel good it's a Friday so I'm going to tell you what I'm hearing aka making up. Green to Cuse which leads to Hami coming because he would love to play with Green. Also because Richards is retweeting Quade I'm going to say Richards commits to Cuse.

I'm sick of all this Green might go to UK talk. I get it but I want to feel good it's a Friday so I'm going to tell you what I'm hearing aka making up. Green to Cuse which leads to Hami coming because he would love to play with Green. Also because Richards is retweeting Quade I'm going to say Richards commits to Cuse.
I like your logic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.