Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huell Babineaux's reaction to Calipari's latest offer to Quade:

PCOGpg5T.jpeg

It's kind of a crazy schedule for him. Let's assume Duke and Kentucky have a very good idea they are not landing him, do you think there is advantage for the schools for having him show up? Makes their events look impressive? Something else?
Maybe some sophisticated strategic thinking. Let's assume there are 1 to 4 other kids who, all other things being equal, would like to play with Quade. Syracuse is at or near the top of their list if Green is in the fold, but maybe in 3rd or 4th place without Quade. Duke & UK are also interested in some of those guys, so even if they know they are unlikely to land Quade himself, it is in their interest to make him delay as long as possible so they can wrap the other guys up while Syracuse is still down the list.

Maybe some sophisticated strategic thinking. Let's assume there are 1 to 4 other kids who, all other things being equal, would like to play with Quade. Syracuse is at or near the top of their list if Green is in the fold, but maybe in 3rd or 4th place without Quade. Duke & UK are also interested in some of those guys, so even if they know they are unlikely to land Quade himself, it is in their interest to make him delay as long as possible so they can wrap the other guys up while Syracuse is still down the list.

So to put it another way, they are setting a pick on guys we have a mutual interest in, while also hoping to beat us to the punch there. In dating circles, it's called, uh, rhymes with "sock" blocking.

Good call.
says the guy with the sock puppet avatar, AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH!
Seriously, don't let me discourage you from keeping that thing it is AWESOME!
Hi, I'm Orange79, please let's get this thread back to a discussion on Quade Green.

(Pre-emptive post. Just saving O79 some work.)
says the guy who started the sock puppets conversation :)

You guys know I'm kidding at least 15% right?

Enough of the side shows...READ zagsblog on Quade. Quotes from Coleman are pretty strong.

It sounds good but it still makes me nervous. Yes the prettiest girl in school seems like she might go to prom with us... but she's also the last girl without a date. It's all or nothing.

Interesting that Quade wants to sign in November and Matt Coleman says Cuse is telling him the program is all in on Q. I have to think JB feels super good about Q to be able to say that to Coleman.

Quade going to Villanova for their Midnight Madness on the 28th. Only other possible visit is Arizona. When's their Midnight Madness?

Edit: Arizona's is the 14th...same day as UK, so he's not going there for that but he could go to U of A for just a regular official obviously.

Last edited:
Interesting that Quade wants to sign in November and Matt Coleman says Cuse is telling him the program is all in on Q. I have to think JB feels super good about Q to be able to say that to Coleman.
Also says what he thinks about Frank... if Q doesn't sign with SU he will be happy with Frank running the point as a jr

Also says what he thinks about Frank... if Q doesn't sign with SU he will be happy with Frank running the point as a jr

Is this in an article from today and is it focused on Coleman or Green? Can't find this article. Article on zags doesn't mention Frank, so I don't get the reference.

Last edited:
Is this in an article from today and is it focused on Coleman or Green? Can't find this article. Article on zags doesn't mention Frank, so I don't get the reference.
But you read EVERYTHING...lol

Sounds like Duke will take any PG. Bueller? Bueller. (Interesting article on ESPN Insider)

"Just one month remains until the early signing period, but Duke is expanding its search for a point guard in the 2017 class."

Duval, Young, Coleman, Green

Status
Not open for further replies.