Class of 2019 - PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Symir Torrence (NY/Vermont Academy) Transferring from Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this kid is the 4th guard I am okay with that.
If he is the 3rd guard we are screwed.
Can’t imagine he’d be ok being a 4th guard here would he could be the lead guard at other places listed

I love that the others aren't listed here as if he's embarrassed to list our name with them after seeing who's interested in Kadary already. I know that's probably not actually why he didn't list the others but that's what I'm telling myself.

Can’t imagine he’d be ok being a 4th guard here would he could be the lead guard at other places listed
Depends on if he wants to be a big fish in a small pond or part of a bigger program with lesser role.

I would take the kid to be the 4th guard who could grow.
Joe Girard shouldn’t scare any transfer.

But he scares kids into transferring ;)
Top transfers want to know they aren’t going to have to battle that is partially why they are transferring.
Kids like Symir aren’t top transfers which is why I said he would be great 4th guard who could work his way up.

Symir is shooting 23% on 3s for his career, so I’m not sure how he helps spacing.

23% from 3 is like 34.5% from 2, which is better than at least a few.

Perhaps Wojo told our staff he dominated in practice.
Honestly the sample sizes with him are so small I wouldn't feel comfortable taking much from his shooting percentages at all.

But no doubt he's struggled big time so far in college. It's not an accident that it's basically us, Washington, and a couple small schools recruiting him after he was a top 100 recruit not too long ago.

So...if Allen Griffin leaves...might as well just get Jim Hart, right?
wrestlemania ix wrestling GIF by WWE

So this was right from Symir earlier today before the Kadary news dropped and not a single mention of Cuse being involved...then after the news theres a few guys on Twitter that throw our name in there. Did we actually reach out? Was he keeping it on the down low until the Kadary news broke? Or is he heading somewhere other then Cuse? Guess we find out soon enough.

So this was right from Symir earlier today before the Kadary news dropped and not a single mention of Cuse being involved...then after the news theres a few guys on Twitter that throw our name in there. Did we actually reach out? Was he keeping it on the down low until the Kadary news broke? Or is he heading somewhere other then Cuse? Guess we find out soon enough.

I mean he went from “will decide before May” to “announcement tomorrow” in a matter of hours, and the only thing that changed was our involvement.

Symir is shooting 23% on 3s for his career, so I’m not sure how he helps spacing.

23% from 3 is like 34.5% from 2, which is better than at least a few.

Perhaps Wojo told our staff he dominated in practice.
I know when he was playing in HS in Syracuse, he made a ton of 3s in the highlights. Believe he has 67 his last year playing here.

I can't find stats for his time in prep school but I believe he shot it well there. I know he shot 37.5% from 3 his frosh year at Marquette. He dropped into the teens last season. That is a crazy dropoff that is very unusual.

Not a Marquette fan. No idea what happened here. I know he had a hurt toe and missed some time with that. Maybe had an injury to his hand or arm that affected his shooting? Maybe it was multiple shutdowns with COVID or maybe he got COVID, got shutdown and lost his shooting touch that way?

Regardless, I think there is reason to think he is a reliable outside shooter. This season was an outlier in a lot of ways.

Symir’s last year on the City Rocks was nothing to write home about. Sure, he lead the team is assists, but he shot 37% overall and 27% from 3. He’s not someone who is going to push Joe or be a difference maker. He’s JAG IMO and Joe is the better player.

Symir’s last year on the City Rocks was nothing to write home about. Sure, he lead the team is assists, but he shot 37% overall and 27% from 3. He’s not someone who is going to push Joe or be a difference maker. He’s JAG IMO and Joe is the better player.
He was 7 of 26 in 10 games played close to 3 years ago. Not sure you should make your sole judgement on him based on that.

Symir was ranked the #1 played in NYS and the #75 player in the country in the class of 2020 by 247. He was ranked the #90 player in the class of 2019 by Rivals.

That said, watch out for Marquette. Shaka has been in contact and wants him to stay. Badly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.