Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

Sigh. That's apparently the case these days. It seems so elitist and stupid.
I don't think it's so much "elitist" as it is JB just really likes low-hanging fruit. He doesn't want to have to get the ladder out.

And it's been that way for a long time.

Trevon Duval is playing in NYC this weekend

Shouldn't Boeheim and Hopkins both be there

God knows we never go outside the mid-atlantic region

HughWotmate said:
I don't think it's so much "elitist" as it is JB just really likes low-hanging fruit. He doesn't want to have to get the ladder out. And it's been that way for a long time.

Or he's not going to waste his time on someone who doesn't want to play here.

Youre basically saying no one outside new England or the mid Atlantic wants to play here.

Or I'm basically saying he can put a great team together using kids who want to play here and are in our recruiting grounds.

docsu said:
Youre basically saying no one outside new England or the mid Atlantic wants to play here.
Not really. Duvals actions are indicative of someone that doesn't though. Going that far away, switch to Under Armour etc

Not really. Duvals actions are indicative of someone that doesn't though. Going that far away, switch to Under Armour etc

Im speaking in general. Not just Duval.

We seldom go outside NE or Mid Atlantic for recruits. For whatever reason is been this way for a while. It's worked out well, I just feel it's a little limiting.

Or I'm basically saying he can put a great team together using kids who want to play here and are in our recruiting grounds.

If your specifically talking about Trevon Duval, then fine.

But big picture wise it seems were artificially limiting our options if we refuse to go outside New Hampshire, Jersey, or DMV.

Whatever. It's a minor critical thing and I'm just a guy yelling on the internet.

docsu said:
Im speaking in general. Not just Duval. We seldom go outside NE or Mid Atlantic for recruits. For whatever reason is been this way for a while. It's worked out well, I just feel it's a little limiting.
yeah I guess JB thinks there's plenty of players to choose from there that he doesn't have to chase. Not that I agree with that...

If your specifically talking about Trevon Duval, then fine.

But big picture wise it seems were artificially limiting our options if we refuse to go outside New Hampshire, Jersey, or DMV.

Whatever. It's a minor critical thing and I'm just a guy yelling on the internet.

This is just my opinion only, not based upon any inside info -- but I'm guessing that it came down to Green or Duval, and the staff feels as though they have a much better chance with Green.

On paper, Duval is the clear superior candidate in terms of NBA potential. Bigger, NBA prototype size / skills, clear one-and-done caliber talent.

But Green might also be an elite player across several dimensions in his own right -- possible [probable?] McD's all american candidate, plays at a power house HS that plays a national caliber schedule. Elite scorer / shooter / ballhandler, albeit one of much smaller physical stature than Duval. In other words, a big time recruit who is hardly a slouch, he's just not Duval.

Could be as simple as Green vs. Duval, but we can't land both [only one basketball]. And maybe 2-3 net years of Green > 1 year of Duval. :noidea:

If we land Green, then a lot of the hand wringing over Duval will have been unnecessary, IMO. If we lose out on BOTH, then I'll be right there with the chicken littles.

This is just my opinion only, not based upon any inside info -- but I'm guessing that it came down to Green or Duval, and the staff feels as though they have a much better chance with Green.

On paper, Duval is the clear superior candidate in terms of NBA potential. Bigger, NBA prototype size / skills, clear one-and-done caliber talent.

But Green might also be an elite player across several dimensions in his own right -- possible [probable?] McD's all american candidate, plays at a power house HS that plays a national caliber schedule. Elite scorer / shooter / ballhandler, albeit one of much smaller physical stature than Duval. In other words, a big time recruit who is hardly a slouch, he's just not Duval.

Could be as simple as Green vs. Duval, but we can't land both [only one basketball]. And maybe 2-3 net years of Green > 1 year of Duval. :noidea:

If we land Green, then a lot of the hand wringing over Duval will have been unnecessary, IMO. If we lose out on BOTH, then I'll be right there with the chicken littles.

I think given long term potential id rather have QG. Especially at that position.

Once Duval decided to finish out his HS ball in Texas, it became Green by default. The staff told Duval all spring/summer of last year that he was our #1 guy for 2017. If Duval had ended up transferring to a NEPSAC school, then I'm pretty positive that we would've stayed strongly in the mix.

Or he's not going to waste his time on someone who doesn't want to play here.
It's not like he's only giving up on guys that have 0% interest in SU. He seems to go for sure-things regardless of the talent disparity.

It's not like he's only giving up on guys that have 0% interest in SU. He seems to go for sure-things regardless of the talent disparity.
hmmm, so what were you up to prior to March 18, 2016?

I have a feeling that this thread is about to take a...

unplanned_detour_sign.jpg

The excuse that Nike schools can't recruit Under Armour players must not imply for Zona. They just received a commitment from 5 star shooter, Terrance Ferguson. Ferg is a HS teammate of Duval's and played in the Under Armour circuit throughout HS.

The excuse that Nike schools can't recruit Under Armour players must not imply for Zona. They just received a commitment from 5 star shooter, Terrance Ferguson. Ferg is a HS teammate of Duval's and played in the Under Armour circuit throughout HS.
Ferguson can shoot the rock. Not sure if anyone caught the game on Sat he played in but he was killing it from deep.

Gonna be interesting to see what kind of lineups Miller puts out there. Trier, Alkins, Simmons, and Ferg with one ball is gonna something to watch.
Yeah, I don't get it. We are worried that Diallo wouldn't come here if Mali comes back and Zona has four 5 star guards in two classes.