Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

Great player, I bet Hop would love to have him.

Thanks for all your contributions to the hoops board Jake! If you are on twitter with the same picture as here my Friday morning was just made!!!!

Sam Fortier ‏@Sam4TR 28 minutes ago

Five-star, 6-foot-3 point guard Trevon Duval (@DatGuy_Trey) on his Syracuse recruitment:
CKIkR3jVEAA69-V.png

Sounds like Trevon knows he would be a perfect fit atop the zone. Between him and Tyus, I'm not sure teams would even be able to get the ball past the free throw line.

Five-star, 6-foot-3 point guard Trevon Duval (@DatGuy_Trey) on his Syracuse recruitment:
CKIkR3jVEAA69-V.png

Sounds like Trevon knows he would be a perfect fit atop the zone. Between him and Tyus, I'm not sure teams would even be able to get the ball past the free throw line.

The way he hawks the ball and shoots passing lanes he would likely have 2/3 steals a game where he was just going the other way by himself for easy dunks. Truthfully he's good enough that he fits into everyones system but I love that he likes to play defense and that kids recognize SU for having big skilled guards.

CKIkR3jVEAA69-V.png

"Why would anyone go to Syracuse? They play zone" - Everyone

Fools.

We are ripe to have the best guard in the Nation and Trevon would fit the bill very nicely. This kid is an enormous talent!

Something that could only help us here: Duval is friends with one of our newest football commits, Jamal Holloway (who is also a 1200 point scorer for Camden). Might not make a huge difference, but keep in mind that it was Holloway's own friendship with Malachi Richardson that helped put SU over the top since Malachi was able to tell Holloway about why he picked SU.

Certainly can't hurt, anyway.

Something that could only help us here: Duval is friends with one of our newest football commits, Jamal Holloway (who is also a 1200 point scorer for Camden). Might not make a huge difference, but keep in mind that it was Holloway's own friendship with Malachi Richardson that helped put SU over the top since Malachi was able to tell Holloway about why he picked SU.

Certainly can't hurt, anyway.
I made a similar comment a while back about Kevin Huerter. One of his Shen teammates and friend is going to be playing at LeMoyne. You just never know what's important in the decision making process.

I made a similar comment a while back about Kevin Huerter. One of his Shen teammates and friend is going to be playing at LeMoyne. You just never know what's important in the decision making process.
Yep. Honestly, it's going to be so close between his top few teams, so you look for possible advantages wherever you can. Having several friends on campus couldn't hurt.

This kid is filthy. All the more reason we can't have another disappointing season. Last thing we need is another perception hit. One bad year? Ok it happens. Two? Uh oh.

Wow, based on that last video he seems to have a great handle, is very athletic, finishes well, head is up to find teammates, unselfish, high bb IQ, and has a good looking shot. Didn't see much room for criticism.
These tapes never show much defense, but he seems to have the kind of intensity and competitiveness that would lead to a great defensive player. Anyone know his height?

I was reminded a little of Billy Edelin in terms of his ability to get in the lane and finish. But I think he is better shooter and maybe better at everything than Billy and to me that is saying a lot.