Class of 2023 - PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington

All JAB has to do is coach another 15-20 years until Hop and Red retire and then Gmac becomes the default head coach.
Ummm...sorry but that timeline aligns perfectly with this guy's NBA retirement and 1 season as an assistant before taking over. As it is written...
1662576278644.png

If Red gets the job in a few years I could see Trey joining him as an grad transfer

I'm going to say something that is going to be interpreted by some as being controversial, but is genuinely not intended to knock Trey or Red in any way, shape, or form.

But I think the simpler answer is that GW might be his level of best fit. Which is probably why nearly all of his offers were mid-major types.

I'm going to say something that is going to be interpreted by some as being controversial, but is genuinely not intended to knock Trey or Red in any way, shape, or form.

But I think the simpler answer is that GW might be his level of best fit. Which is probably why nearly all of his offers were mid-major types.
Exactly on target. The thought is also that he might be a much better player in a couple of years.

Yep. He is a smaller forward with some guard skills. At this level he is a role player that would need a couple years to build out a more tangible guard skill set. At a mid major he has a better chance to play early on and have a bigger role. Makes a lot of sense.

Sure he’s a great kid, but I doubt he wants to be a bench warmer

Trey unfortunately doesn’t move the needle. Red has learned from Jim’s behavior.

Not now, but Trey is exactly the kind of player we need.

Not now, but Trey is exactly the kind of player we need.

Not at the level we need if we expect to turn things around. He’ll do fine at GW but doesn’t move the needle for us if we hope to get back to elite status.

Cuse

We going to flip him? or Portal him later?