Class of 2023 - PG Ty-Laur Johnson (NJ) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Ty-Laur Johnson (NJ)

Louisville never ceases to amaze. Good coach, bad coach, good year, bad year, probation, no probation, investigations, no investigations. It doesn’t matter. They just continue to haul them in year after year. It’s not always reflected in success, but they never seem to skip a beat.
I mean, Louisville was very good for a long long time. Their only down time came at the end of the Crum era and then when the Pitino era imploded with FBI wiretap scandal. Mack was doing pretty well at righting the ship but then he ran into his own trouble and bolted. They were shockingly bad last season under Payne.

Last edited:
Kentucky as a state is pretty poor. But just like the other southern states there is some massive money down there in Lexington and Louisville around these programs.
Kentucky, on average, is neither extremely poor or extremely rich. But they have large populations at both ends of the wealth spectrum. Folks living in the remote hollers can be desperately poor. But there is tremendous wealth in coal, spirits (bourbon, etc.), and thoroughbreds.

Kentucky, on average, is neither extremely poor or extremely rich. But they have large populations at both ends of the wealth spectrum. Folks living in the remote hollers can be desperately poor. But there is tremendous wealth in coal, spirits (bourbon, etc.), and thoroughbreds.

Truth here yes.. but also Kentucky does have the 7th highest poverty rate in the country

Good players coming to the ACC is good for Syracuse.

The real question is...does anybody listen to the NCAA anymore? Will Louisville run him out there no matter what?

This is the fourth consecutive year they've brought in a new PG. The first was the ACC POY. Each one afterward has been a step down from the previous one.
The fact that they suck and keep getting good players each year in the portal says that all you need is a big bag to get a prized player. We need to step up our NIL. That platinum chain looks real and quite expensive. I wonder if that was what sealed the deal?

The fact that they suck and keep getting good players each year in the portal says that all you need is a big bag to get a prized player. We need to step up our NIL. That platinum chain looks real and quite expensive. I wonder if that was what sealed the deal?
Wake Forest isn't even half the size of Syracuse, there's no way small private schools can have big bags, dontcha know?

They haven’t made the tournament in 7 years and once in 13. Johnson is terrible. I can’t believe anyone would think he’s good. Did you watch Louisville last year?

Smaller school, smaller alumni base, smaller endowment and they've got bigger bags than us?

Where do you get they have bigger bags? I bet we have more NIL. Our average portal player is graded higher and our recruits are a 5 star and 4 star. They have a 4 star. I’m sure Freeman didn’t come cheap.

Wake Forest isn't even half the size of Syracuse, there's no way small private schools can have big bags, dontcha know?
Wake Forest finally started making a conscious effort into investing larger amounts of NIL into Steve Forbes and Wake bball this offseason.

Smaller school, smaller alumni base, smaller endowment and they've got bigger bags than us?
All it takes is one guy/gal/ alumni with deep pockets who is determined to make the team better. NIL channels/protocol or his/her own rules. Still can't get over that platinum and diamond dog chain Ty's wearing. That's welcome to the ROC/Terror Squad levels.