Pitt Gameday Thread | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday Thread

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Today marks the halfway point of the season. And Cuse is rolling into Pitt with a huge opportunity.

Man, it's crazy how fast football season moves.

That being said, if they handle their business, they have a very winnable game in front of them. Who here would've had them at 5-1 going into the bye?

I could've certainly seen it, but, never would've had the cajones to predict it. This season's potential now looks to be as great as they want to make it. That's exciting, and it's fun to be behind a program with that type of potential again.

The OL & DL, IMO have greatly exceeded expectations. The DL more so, they have been a force across the board. The OL has not been as dominant, but, they've been MUCH improved from what we've been accustomed to watching since 2012.

LB's - have been better than I anticipated. Replaced 3 guys with a ton of experience and have performed admirably.

Secondary - although youthful, ultra talented. After 1 quarter of early season hiccups, I really think they've excelled. The future here is extremely exciting.

Offensive Skill Players - they've filled in across the board. We don't rely as heavily on 2/3 guys, but, it doesn't matter as long as you're scoring tuddies!

Special Teams - Holy Szmyt! Top unit overall in the country, I don't think Crescan would've seen this. Big props to the man leading the charge.

Coaching Staff - it appears that they've built what they were tasked with building three years ago. Job VERY well done thus far.

A strong finish takes us to a place we haven't seen in 15 years, it's still always 1 game at a time though. Handle your business today and come on home to heal up a bit and get ready for the second half push.

MAN, ITS GOOD TO BE ORANGE BABY!!!

I’ll admit I had us 3-2 at this point, but I did predict 8-4 for the season mainly because i wish hateful things on Notre Dame

You and I need to wish harder; far too few hateful things have happened to Notre Dame on the field this year.

Today marks the halfway point of the season. And Cuse is rolling into Pitt with a huge opportunity.

Man, it's crazy how fast football season moves.

That being said, if they handle their business, they have a very winnable game in front of them. Who here would've had them at 5-1 going into the bye?

I could've certainly seen it, but, never would've had the cajones to predict it. This season's potential now looks to be as great as they want to make it. That's exciting, and it's fun to be behind a program with that type of potential again.

The OL & DL, IMO have greatly exceeded expectations. The DL more so, they have been a force across the board. The OL has not been as dominant, but, they've been MUCH improved from what we've been accustomed to watching since 2012.

LB's - have been better than I anticipated. Replaced 3 guys with a ton of experience and have performed admirably.

Secondary - although youthful, ultra talented. After 1 quarter of early season hiccups, I really think they've excelled. The future here is extremely exciting.

Offensive Skill Players - they've filled in across the board. We don't rely as heavily on 2/3 guys, but, it doesn't matter as long as you're scoring tuddies!

Special Teams - Holy Szmyt! Top unit overall in the country, I don't think Crescan would've seen this. Big props to the man leading the charge.

Coaching Staff - it appears that they've built what they were tasked with building three years ago. Job VERY well done thus far.

A strong finish takes us to a place we haven't seen in 15 years, it's still always 1 game at a time though. Handle your business today and come on home to heal up a bit and get ready for the second half push.

MAN, ITS GOOD TO BE ORANGE BABY!!!
Great post...FTR, it's Kreskin ;-)

Really need the linebackers to step up today. I would expect to see a lot more 4-3 today.
Pitt's D looked bad against UNC. UNC had guys open all over the field. Custis could have a big day.

The two units that still are question marks IMO really need to answer the bell today. Huge opportunity to be ranked half way though the season. Let's go Orange.

Great post...FTR, it's Kreskin ;-)
I predict a huge Orange win today! Amazing!
61-og.jpg

Really need the linebackers to step up today. I would expect to see a lot more 4-3 today.
Pitt's D looked bad against UNC. UNC had guys open all over the field. Custis could have a big day.

The two units that still are question marks IMO really need to answer the bell today. Huge opportunity to be ranked half way though the season. Let's go Orange.

Agreed...can't let them dink and dive for long 3 down first downs by getting 4 per carry and an easy short pass. Keep them 3rd and long and SU will be in good shape.

You can't underestimate the impact of the pressure our DL places on opposing QBs. However, when I've focussed on our DL, one area I think they could improve is going for the strip. If you watch a player like Suggs, his technique is to go for the ball first, and then the sack (especially on a blind-side hit). Just getting a hand on the ball or QB's arm is often enough to cause an errant pass or fumble. I'm sure it feels great to put a clean hit on the the opposing QB after chasing him around all afternoon (and the physical punishment can have a cumulative impact), but I would like to see our DL be more ball-conscious (no wise cracks please).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom